Digitone (DN+DT) only music

A kind of LoFi hip hop beat with Digitakt

3 Likes

This is great!

1 Like

Thank you very much, I appreciate it! :pray:

Live with Digitone, Behringer Crave and Erica Synths DB01… Some programmed drums and a lot of overdrive!!!

2 Likes

DT+ double DN on this one.

4 Likes

Saw this on YouTube. Of course it’s an elektronaut. Awesome jam

1 Like

Search youtube for Elektron Digitone (full album)

Hi i made this album a while ago with a single digitone. Theres a second album on the same channel. Im not allowed to post more than one video because im a new member.

My first hater!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I’d love a couple of haters on my videos.
That’s how you know you’ve made it.

1 Like

I can fix that if You want :blush::blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

I did :wink: for digitone.

7 Likes

Hmmm.

Congratz for your works on sounds.

No offence, but those ones are not very convincing to me (I mean they do not sound realistic)

handpans and Rav are pretty different things too. In ravs, the sustains is extremely long.
In a way some of the sounds in your demo remind me a bit more of steelpans (less stable and with crazy harmonics)

If you ever need samples, I can record, both for handpans and for Rav :slight_smile:

Cheers!

2 Likes

I think that is a pretty good emulation considering it’s made on a Digitone :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: Yes you are right, there is nothing like the original. Emulating an instrument like this one can get frustrating. Especially when you listen to the original afterwards! But maybe let’s don’t take it as a one to one copy, but rather as a dreamy ambient version of a rav drum for the digital world?

I think I programmed the pan more from my sound memory without using a reference over and over. More like from what I heard and remembered. And of course a bit limited by patching skills and patience :shushing_face: Maybe someone will take this patch as a starting point and spend a few more hours tweaking it to get even closer :wink:

I am considering getting the Octatrack and if I have it, it would be a pleasure for me to swap samples with you. Do you have a rav drum at home?

3 Likes

I of course did not intend to criticize your patching skills! Your patch actually sounds close. I was more willing to discuss it, and point (complain ? ) that those are very difficult to emulate.

I actually tried several times to synthesize those instruments, and I could for sure not get as similar to the sound as you did. I tried on the tempest. I got nothing convincing. I’m not a synth wizard :smiley: . I tried synthsizing sounds with the percussive hit and then the harmonic content. Way out of my skills, but interesting as a learning.

Last summer I attended a synth workshop. Guy is a real synth wizard. I challenged him to emulate handpans. He made a crappy sound, then gave up :upside_down_face:

You inspired me: i will give a try on digitone. FM is probably a good way to go.
(I’m quite sure I will fail and end downloading your patch :smiley: )

I do have a rav and several handpans. The rav is probably the craziest to emulate. It can make many percussive sounds, and it has crazy harmonic couplings. Many harmonics are tuned for each note, and the notes tend to resonate a lot.

I sampled those several times to play with the OT. Happy to share!

1 Like

Digitone solo track called Inland Empire

10 Likes

All good :slight_smile: And if, I took it more as constructive criticism. I am always open to discussions and suggestions for improvement. I always like to learn and be inspired by different perspectives of other people.

I haven’t dealt with the tempest yet but it would be interesting to work with it and create new sounds!

I’m looking forward to your emulation. I missed one or two more LFO’s to expand the patch a bit further but maybe I didn’t choose the right algorithm?

Would you recommend the rav hand drum to a beginner or too daring to start?
Maybe you should offer a sample pack here? I am sure that many would like it. Me immediately!

It is my joy that I could inspire you and I’m grateful for your honest words!

1 Like

The Tempest is a great box, it is very deep. I only use a few % of it’s synthesis capabilities, and it makes me happy.

The Ravs are awesome. Very well made. Such instruments are VERY easy to play. Each instrument has a scale, it’s not chromatic, you don’t have to worry about harmony. So anyone who is not too bad with rythms can play those and enjoy. Also ravs work very well with many fx. I actually sometimes play live, solo, with ravs, fx box and loopers. It’s fu and easy.
The only downside of those is the scale. It makes everything easy, but playing only inside a scale is limiting.

You right, I should work on a soundpack. I don’t know when, I have too many things to do in my life :blush: (2 kids, and 2 (fascinating) timesucker jobs here!)

1 Like

DN only ! just posted this in the IDM thread but whatever !!! :yum:

4 Likes

Digitone only.

2 Likes