Digitone (DN+DT) only music

this is really nice - are all melodic sounds coming from the Digitone?
I currently own DT, OT and AH… I’ve been thinking of selling the OT since I haven’t used it much since I got the DT (a lot less features, but a lot more fun and immediate)
Thought of maybe going for a Digitone instead… but I’m not sure I’m that much into it’s sound

Yes mostly, bass as well.
Learning curve on the DN is slightly steeper than the DT especially if you dont have previous experience with FM. It takes some time to learn how to bend it your way. Once things click I find the DN becomes fairly versatile.

1 Like

Excellent work!

2 Likes

Thanks man, glad you like it.

Here’s a cover of Boards of Canada’s “Peacock Tail” made on a DN and DT. The DT for the percussion and the vocals and the DN for the string like synths and percussion.

Peacock Tail

1 Like

Hi this is my first post!

I own a Digitone from a couple of weeks and I love it!
This is my first song, recorded in stereo directly from my cheap behringer mixer (waiting for Overbridge 2) :sweat_smile:

I hope you like it :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Nice track! Sounds awesome! Loved the visual as well. How did you do the lighted grid effect?

Thank you! I used Magic Music Visuals https://magicmusicvisuals.com to mix video and visual effects.

Lighted grid is programmed in OpenGL, it’s rendered in real time.

3 Likes

Nice track. And yep, Magic rocks!

2 Likes

Nice one!

1 Like

How about DN+DN? :cowboy_hat_face:

Sorry for the clipping audio, I usually set a -3dB gain for the crappy Instagram codec but forgot to do it.

13 Likes

Excellent Simon! I love it. It reminds me of Arovane which I’m quite influenced by.
Having 2 Digitones must be awesome! However I’ll probably be fine with sampling my Digitone with the Octatrack, which brings other cool possibilities.

Plus I’m counting on you guys to make a Digiwave wavetable synth soon! :star_struck:

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah I do like Arovane, thanks for reminding me!
Two Digitones is amazing for me, it’s ridiculous. So much fun.

6 Likes

What’s up… i’m the new guy around here.
I love all the different kinds of music everyone is making here with the same instruments… super inspiring.

I just got a DN+DT last week, here’s my first session using both of them.

19 Likes

Hey, welcome :slight_smile: Follow your instagram and youtube for a while, great channel :thup:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this is illegal. And pushing buttons upside down is double illegal. :rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light:

1 Like

Ahh cool! Thanks

1 Like

Beautiful. Love the percussion sounds!

Hey wuddup!

Now I don’t feel like the guy at the party that doesn’t know anyone.
Hahaha

Excellent track! Love the quick , snappy percussion. Nice varied tracks! Good use of fx.

1 Like