Digitone / Digitone Keys: bug reports

There is for sure a bug with the arpegiator, i encountered it many while testing different things on the DN.
IIRC support said that it’s concerning especially one track (number 2) and i also remember the device was crashing while playing with voice allocation. I don’t think it is that rare tbh.

Also you need to wait lîe 30 sec after a reboot because of the high capacitor inside the device that needs to discharge.

2 Likes

Do i understand correctly that this arp bug can be avoid by not putting an arp on track 2?
I own the DN for a couple of years now. Played with some arps live and created some sounds with it but to be honest a rarely used the arp in patterns til recently.
Last week i’m fiddlin around with arps in patterns more and it freezes my machine on a daily basis.

Very strange bug…

In grid recording mode, if I hold a step and use the up down arrows to manually enter notes via the onscreen keyboard, it will add the note (F in my example below) but then state incorrectly that it has added F#.

This is the same for any key. It increments the selected step by a semitone.

Even stranger is that a midi monitor will show that the Note on is correct but the note off is the wrongly incremented note! wtf! lol

I’ve not used this method before, so could be user error. What is the best way to use this method? thanks.

1 Like

Any info regarding the Overbridge bug?

I am on a Mac M1 and overbridge has stopped detecting once I updated to 1.32A.

It does detect the MIDI and MIDI / Audio configs.

Hi there,

big probability someone already reported this?

DN bugs on playing Arp patterns

Bug 1 - sometimes the note doesn’t start on playing a pattern, and kicks on the second time round.

Bug 2 - one project with different arps on 2 patterns: when jumping to the next pattern with a different arp seq it doesn’t play it right, keeps the former arp seq + also sets track (T1-T4) volume to 100 ???!!! Or takes the instrument parameters from some prior pattern?

Anyhow, it doesn’t really bugs me out that much (no foam at the mouth yet)

DigiTone, best of the unholy trinity! :wink:
(that is if you don’t count the AH2 as an instrument)

Cheers :metal:

Have you checked that microtiming is not set a bit before 0 for the first trig? Hold trig and press left arrow, if you have a negative value that would explain this.

That could be normal behavior.
Arp takes note lengths into account, so if these are set to be bigger than the pattern, the arp will continue on the next pattern.

I also think that as long as notes are not overlapped (= as long as you don’t encounter a new trig), they keep their value.
Same for the FX btw.

1 Like

@LyingDalai
Should be fine, quantized the track to make shure it sits on the 1.

I’ll check it out, thanks

This may not be sufficient.
The trig is quantized once encountered, but if it has a negative value it is not yet encountered.
Please check that it works once you’ve manually quantized the first trig and report.

1 Like

Hey there, @LyingDalai
I tried to replicate the ‘arp starting on the 2nd time round’ glitch, but it seems to be working now ??? (wtf???)

However with the 2 different arps on 2 patterns, it seems to keep playing the arp sequence from the prior pattern.

Possibly because the track on the 2nd pattern is empty (unused)

? Something like the ‘note off’ message not kicking in?

Aha, found out the problem with the arp not starting on the 1

It’s not the microtiming,
it’s because of latency with the transport setup (syncing DN with cubase)

Stand-alone, the DN arp works perfectly fine.

Tried adjusting the trig microtiming to see if it would catch up, but that didn’t solve the matter.

So i guess the way to go here, in this case, is to start off with a 1 page empty pattern first, like a pre-roll of sorts

Thanks again :metal:

1 Like

There is no such thing as an automatic “note off” message kicking it when you load a new pattern.
You have to place a trig at the start of your second pattern that will interrupt what was going on before. Possibly with a “1st” trig condition if you don’t want it to be repeated.

1 Like

Yes,

or i guess: release, or enter a note on the last trig/step of the sequence page and micro tune it all the way till the end (so it won’t chop off any notes, or barely noticeable?

Anyways: best to have an ‘empty’ trig on the 1 when a track isn’t used. (random instr note + trig edit, volume set to zero) for choking prior pattern notes

Cheers :metal:

1 Like

I use the method, above, to enter chords on the Digitone. The behavior you’re describing has been present in all three versions of the firmware I’ve used. The solution is to just ignore the message. I didn’t understand the DN’s chord entry behavior at first, but now that I understand it, it makes sense and saves time. All but the last member of the chord need to be confirmed with YES, but the final entered member is entered automatically after releasing the trig key.

The message about the added note a semitone up…is bogus.

1 Like

You can also pay attention to the length of the notes of Pattern 1 so that they expire at the end of the pattern. But yes, you got the idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

well that solves it

just use an ‘empty’ trig on the first step of an unused track for safety measures (by inserting a random note and programming the trig to have no volume) and use it to choke off any notes/arps from a prior pattern

should do the trick

about the semitone, i was just thinking out loud - but in theory it should do the trick

(going to try it today, and see if i’m full of shit or not?)

but maybe the last trig on the sequence programmed with an ‘empty’ note + shifted, could have the same desired effect, to stop the bleeding over into the next pattern.

Anyways, it was annoying the arp sequence kept playing and distorting following patterns (where the same track was empty/unused)

cheers

I’ve noticed that if I set the synth2 page2 phase reset to ALL, it will revert to OFF but no idea when. I was looping a drum beat so it was really easy to hear. set everything back to ALL and saved the sounds. loop again and after some time, OFF again. Can’t reproduce it though. is it a known bug?

I’ll tend to say a bug is something you can reproduce. Otherwise no one knows what’s up with your project settings.
Can’t you reproduce it even in that same project?

I’ve tried to find steps to reproduce it but it didn’t happen. I’ve been noticing it goes OFF for other patterns too. It’s just I can’t seem to find the action leading to this. I’m saving the patches via import/export, reloading the patterns. I have a feeling it’s after exporting a track sound to a bank and then reloading the pattern again after some time. I’ll try to see if I can reproduce it or if I’m just losing my mind but I wanted to know if it was a well-known bug before I spend some time on it.

1 Like

This is a feature that took me some time to figure out, but which I have come to love. Unexpected beauty can happen when arp trigs overlap :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any MIDI incoming ? Try without MIDI plugged.