Digitone / Digitone Keys: bug reports

Does it feel the same while the sequencer is running or stopped?
Have you dropped a ticket to Elektron support?

thanks for the reply! :slight_smile:
well, i just have tried it and now it was working like a charm both ways (stopped and running).

as i mentioned, itā€™s a rather minor thing and isnā€™t happening every single time iā€™m on the digitoneā€¦ just something i noticed and because this is not really bugging me out, i havenā€™t dropped a ticket yet. should i?

just wanted to check if anyone has made similiar experience since the OS update. :slight_smile:

EDIT: i have just seen there is 1.32A :roll_eyes: seems like iā€™m literally not as uptodate as i should beā€¦ should have tried that first before mentioning like thisā€¦ sorry for the inconvenience

2 Likes

oh damn did you backup everything? whats the best way to do it? I am scared now after my first crash (caused by rare but known MIDI bug)

Did not back up anything and everything went fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have encountered a bug where first out of eight voices is consistently louder than the others.
During patch design i noticed that every 8th press was louder. I investigated and in the voice management menu saw that it only happens on the first voice. When i locked first voice to a different track, volume variation was gone. When i brought it back, volume variation came back.

I havent created a ticket because i couldnt replicate it after a reboot. I dont think it happened to me since. So im curious, have anyone had that before?

P.S. i did not had any LFO active at that time. And i also tried listening through different devices in case of rogue resonance. :thinking:

I just noticed one strange behaviour with my Digitone.
On the INTERNAL MIXER page, encoder C responds very badly to small increments when I try to rise the volume of Track 1. It only responds when I turn the knob in a bigger increment, but with small turns it does nothing. When lowering the volume, the encoder C response is perfectly fine.

In other pages encoder C works just perfect, and in TEST MODE it also perfoms great, moving the vertical line perfectly with both small and big turns. Having this issue only on the Internal Mixer page, it seems to be a firmware bug and not a fawlty encoder.

Anyone else have this behaviour in encoder C into the internal mixer page?

Update the firmware to the latest version.
This issue is already fixed.

4 Likes

Holy sh*t! I thought I had the latest firmware, but I hadnā€™t. Just saw there is an A version with bug fixes. Thanks!

2 Likes

I notice this as well, just few days I bought it. Went back to the store and tried on other digitone appeared to be the case. I wonder if it isa mechanical issue if others have problem on other knobs. My problem is with knob c trace 1.

• Mixer page - Trk1 level slow increment issue as mentioned above: slowly turning the encoder doesnā€™t change the value.

Please, for the love of the universe, send the start-command after the Preroll-bar!!! Every other device is already happily bouncing around, while my digitone is still counting in. That is so distracting, when trying to record somethingā€¦

3 Likes

Just had a scary incident with a pattern that froze a DN 1.32a a number of times, and after each freeze it was stuck on black screen and no buttons lit after reboot. In a few minutes it worked again, but damn, that was scary. Seems to be related to the pattern (which also had an arpeggiator notes stuck after pattern change), but I only updated to 1.32a today. And thereā€™s no way to go back to previous version to see if it fixes that :frowning: . Hereā€™s the video of how it freezes if anyone wants to see: Digitone freezing - YouTube

Didnā€™t film how itā€™s all blank after rebooting though.

I guess Iā€™ll move on from trying to recover/finish this song, but it really makes me think if I can trust DN in the future :(. Freezing is terrible, but not turning on for a few reboots afterwards is just abysmal

1 Like

I guess you have contacted Elektron support.

Not yet, I will for sure but I guess speaking publicly about wild crashes that block reboots is of some public benefit too.

Malfunctions can be something we all share, like bugs, or something specific to a unit.
What is described here smells like the latter.
Contacting Elektron is the first thing to do in both cases :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agreed. I kind of hope this can be fixed in firmware though, considering the unit functions well outside of weird boot altering crashes. Who knows, maybe Iā€™m not the only one having that

Do you have some MIDI input?

Nah, the support answered really fast to say they know of the issue but itā€™s hard to track and itā€™s rare. It probably has to do with the arpeggiator, they say, and I did have an arpeggiator on one of the tracks. The unit staying non-lit with a black screen after reboot is also normal, in some cases you have to give it around 40 sec to give some electric elements inside a necessary time.

3 Likes

Oh right, they say in the Syntakt manual that you have to wait for half a minute before rebooting.

This conversation made me think of how my DN sometimes lockes out after boot.
Everything is like normal but none of the buttons work.
Reboot fixes it 100% of the time, and it doesnt happen often.
I always thought its because i press power switch too slow/gentle.
Is that common and is actually a bug?

Description of a bug I recently found in OS 1.32
In a complex pattern when the number of parameters locked probably exceeded the maximum (72 according to user manual) new plocked parameters silently disappearing at save to either temp or project. Reloaded pattern misses some p-locks. No warning message about exceeding the maximum.
I havenā€™t found a workaround other than transforming trigs with many plocks to soundlocks to free up locks. I donā€™t know it is already reported or ticketed.