Digitone / Digitone Keys 1.31 : bug reports

Last firmware is 1.31.
The manual can be found here.

Remember to back up before upgrading and even load a new empty project to avoid any damage to your current project.
And avoid upgrading before a gig. :tongue:

You encountered something wrong in this OS and want to check if others can replicate it ?
Here is the place.

Doesn’t replace a support ticket, of course, but you might want to check if it’s not a feature before declaring a bug :wink:

Please report all bugs via the Support Tickets section on elektron.se if they have not already been confirmed below.

1 Like

Hi,
It’s pretty quiet here, I think I did find something unusual, but not specifically for 1.31, it was there in previous OS versions.

I noticed something strange going on in projects where I use sounds with the LP4 filter, some notes wouldn’t sound the same as I ‘designed’ them, this is when it occurs:

When a voice (one of the 8 dots in the voice menu) is first used by a sound (any sound), then used by a sound with the LP4 filter, the first note of that LP4-filtered sound will sound different than following notes of the same sound. (ok, hope you can still follow …)

To reproduce it, I restricted a track to a single voice. In the image below you can see 8 notes, the first 4 are from a sound with an LP2 filter, on the last 4 notes I applied an LP4 filter using parameter locks. The latter 4 notes should sound identical to each other, because I copied them. The first one however clearly sounded louder.

Depending on the exact filter settings, this first note is sometimes louder, sometimes quieter than the following notes, but in most cases it clearly sounds different, and specifically at the beginning of the note…

(I got similar results when a voice is first used by one track, then by another track with an LP4-filtered sound)

1 Like

I updated the DN yesterday and today a weird thing happened 3 times. It seems sometimes the audio “motor” starts popping and clicking so I have to restart it to stop happen.

Maybe at 30 min or 1h of being using it.

Now I turned it off, I suppose it´s because of the update.

It happened again, an hour and a half after. Here´s a sound demo:

I´m using Ableton 11 on MacOS 10.14.6, no Overbridge plugin, and together with the AR that doesn´t have any problem, nor other sounds from Ableton.

Hey Elektronauts,

first time around here, my DN arrived last week. I think I found a bug or at least a non-standard midi implementation for the send CC-Value of Track mutes. I want to send the mute of the midi-tracks out to my gear, so CC94 on ch5-8. From my understanding a momentary or latching button should send 0 or 127 as values, the DN send 0 or 1 (1 for mute on). Is this known or discussed anywhere (yes, search function used) or should I open a ticket?

• mo

Welcome to the forum!

You are correct: the MIDI specification for Control Change messages suggests that a switch should transmit either 0 (off) or 127 (on) and a receiver should recognize values 0 to 63 for one state of a switched function and 64 to 127 for the other state.

However, Elektron (like many manufacturers) often ignore these small details in the MIDI specification. Many other Elektron instruments use a scheme like 0 for off and 1 to 127 for on, so I expect that this implementation on the DN is intentional, rather than a bug.

You could submit a feature request for a change to feature-request@elektron.se, but it may not be high priority for them to implement because there would need to be some regard for backward compatibility, and for compatibility with other Elektron instruments that use the same system.

2 Likes