Digitone / Digitone Keys 1.30A : bug reports

probably related to this not being bandwidth restricted by a DAW

I’ve sent tons of super high density MIDI information to my Elektron gear from my Pyramid and it doesn’t seem to show any signs of slowing down.

I had no more audio after using USB audio.
Even after reboot.
Had to change the project to have sound back again.

I have that too, but in this instance my entire sound (including digitone sounds and external sounds) cuts out.

it’s not a daw though (and is it even usb host? don’t know it) and may have thinned out LFos unlike some DAWs - it’s a known complication - DIN midi is bandwidth limited by a low baud rate, USB midi isn’t

what i’m saying is that if automating (via daw) one needs to understand exactly what’s being fed in

I am automating via Ableton. I stream clock sync, program change messages, and transport data to the DN Keys. Using this set up, I can use the program change messages to tell the DN keys to change patterns, whilst having all the clocks synced. Perhaps my method of using the program change messages is what’s causing my Keys to trip out.

I couldn’t hear the Digitone, the USB cable was unplugged, that’s definitely the more annoying for me.

it seems unlikely to overload it tbf

i have seen this issue attributed to floods of data from Ableton LFOs though

Ran into an issue with step record mode just now. T3 suddenly stopped incrementing could manually select a step or no/rest through the pattern but entering new notes always stayed at a single trig. Had to power cycle to remove the issue.

1 Like

I recommend that you make a support ticket on Elektron’s website.

1 Like

This problem (synth becomes unresponsive cuts out all sounds) just happened again. The DN Keys was not receiving midi, external audio, or USB audio. I was building a pattern with various tracks, setting p-locks, playing the arpeggiator, etc and everything just cut out. Had to turn the device off and wait for a power cycle before I could switch it back on. I will see what the support department has to say.

Sounds more likely a hardware thing - the best service you can do for yourself is work on the device completely disconnected (no usb/midi except DIN out perhaps) from everything else and go about your usual workflow as best you can but try to stress test it with the most demanding usage

It’d be best to establish categorically if it’s the DNK - otherwise you could send it off get it back, maybe unchanged, and suddenly learn it was repeating because some errant midi messages were sneaking in from elsewhere - keep it simple and see if there’s any recurrence

1 Like

Not sure if this was a bug, but prior to v.1.30 I was able to select tracks in pattern mute mode by pressing bank + track. This is gone now and so I can no longer select tracks while in pattern mute mode, am I?

1 Like

I found that, when having for example a HH in T1 with sound locked Kick, if you do CTRL-ALL the sound of the kick slightly goes down when you are moving the encoder and comes back to normal when you are not moving it…

1 Like

Yeah - this was discussed on the model cycles forum recently, it’s the same deal - if you have a plocked parameter or a soundlocked parameter they are both possible to adjust if turning whilst the note is playing - bit of a pity as both return to normal afterwards - it’d possibly be better if the locked parameters were shielded from the modification, however, soundlocks are meant to take additional locks so it’s probably just the way it must be

1 Like

Never experienced that behavior before. Would be nice to have though.

1 Like

It´s a pity, you have to keep moving the encoder until you want the sound to be back.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Digitone feature requests!

This also applies to trig locks of the track sound. E.g. if you adjust the filter cutoff on the overall track sound while sequencing/ replaying (without recording). It doesn’t have to be in ctrl-all mode at all, in this case at least.

2 Likes

I hope they can fix this.

2 Likes