Digitone / Digitone Keys 1.30A : bug reports

Soundlocks don‘t play past another soundlock - sometimes!

Also will sometimes the track filter change a soundlock’s filter.

My DN just died on me… hopefully it just has a flu and only needs some rest and is okay tomorrow. :frowning:

2 Likes

Don’t know if this has been mentioned but, when recording notes whether it be on the trig keys or on a midi keyboard, it’s not saving the length for how long you hold then down. Instead they all default to whatever you have the length set on the trig page. It’s a pain in the ass and makes it tedious to be locking each step length instead of just recording it on the fly.

3 Likes

it works for me, it works on the internal mini keys and it will only work like those (for all recording modes) on an external MIDI keyboard if that keyboard is set up to transmit on the Auto Channel of the Digitone - using the Track channel is creating your issue - quite why it isn’t working for you directly on the device i can’t comment, check again

1 Like

I haven’t had much time with the Digitone recently, but I believe this is related to the behaviour mentioned higher up in the thread, where if you don’t release the key before a new trig (or a pattern end?), it’ll just use the default length.

If I find the time to test this I’ll update this post, but I’d appreciate more eyes on this!
The combination of these two behaviours really makes DN a lot less valuable to me. Add to that its idiotic filtering out of MW/AT etc on the thru, and my setup just doesn’t work as I’d imagined it would.

I filed a ticket with Elektron on friday and gave them the repro steps and they wrote back yesterday that they might have found the issue and hope to have a fix soon.

2 Likes

I submitted a report with Elektron already, but I figured it wouldnt hurt to see if anyone else encountered this with the current Digitone firmware:

When modulating a CC parameter on a MIDI track with the LFO, changing patterns effectively breaks the LFO and functionality of the CC control on that track. After that the only way for the LFO and CC parameter to work again is by restarting the machine. It makes using a MIDI LFO too unreliable to be worth using at the moment.

2 Likes

Did you switch the power to on but not get past the tip point in the rocker switch, so it was very briefly switched on, and then have to flip the switch back to on after it returned to the off position?

exactly this happened… first thought: too wet ? (was using it outside) - working again \o/

Wouldn‘t have happened if I had installed some batteries! Would be so sexy to have only one headphone cord and nothing else connected

1 Like

All you need to do to get your Digitone working again is unplug the adapter from the unit and from the wall, let both sit for a minute, then plug it back in and your Digitone will be working again. A rapid power cycle screws it up until you do this.

2 Likes

Good to know! Thanks!

1 Like

I had a no more sound bug. Power cycle didn’t help, I changed the project, and the sound was back.
Particularities :
I connected the psu but the power switch was already on.
I used Usb audio before.

I have a ticket in as well for this issue and the replied the same to me too. Here’s hoping a fix comes down shortly. Being able to plug the iPad directly into the DN saves me from needing a separate audio interface. :slight_smile:

Also have intermittent audio dropouts in class compliant mode. iOS synth continues sending audio according to whatever soft synth I have running but every 5-10 minutes my Digitone drops the audio.

I and a few others have open tickets with Elektron. It sounds like they’re close to identifying the issue. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long to push out a fix. :slight_smile:

Since installing the update on the Digitone, Total Recall is not working. However, it is working on the Analog Rytm and the Digitakt. If I quit Logic and start it up again, all my settings and sequences are still there on the Analog Rytm and the Digitakt, but not on the Digitone. It would seem that it’s not a problem with Overbridge, since two of the devices are functioning normally. Any ideas as to what I can do to fix the problem?

Sometimes the LFO destination encoders seems to be activated without moving them. When I go to the LFO page 1 suddenly appears the destination options.

1 Like

old problem…

1 Like

So it´s not my unit fault?

Many people reported this…

3 Likes

My Digitone Keys has ‘died’ on me several times since the update. This situation always seems to occur when I am setting p-locks in a pattern (I know there is a limit to how many can be set, but in these examples I have probably only set ~20 p-locks). Anyhow, what happens is all sounds will cut off, except for a steady tone (like a test tone); also, the machine will become unresponsive to commands. This will persist until I switch off the unit. Then, the machine will not turn back on for what seems like a couple minutes. This happened three times over the course of probably 4-5 hours of jamming.

Here was what I had set up at the time: I was stream digital audio over USB using the audio over USB mode (not Overbridge). Also had audio coming in through the external inputs. Also had MIDI data streaming into and out of the device. Perhaps this was a lot for the CPU to handle, but it seems reasonable to expect the Digitone Keys to effectively perform all of these functions without frequent crashes. Currently I would be scared to use my DN Keys in a live setting, although I would love to because the synth sounds awesome.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?