Digitone / Digitone Keys 1.30A : bug reports

Hm. Amp Envelope Reset set to OFF seems not to be working ?

Digitone 1.30A won’t connect to Overbridge 2.0.39.10.

Was working before the firmware + software update. Digitone is in USB Overbridge mode.

Windows 10, no hub.

UPDATE… Issue fixed by removing and then reinstalling Overbridge.

Also my Digitone hung at the version boot screen after the 1.30A install induced reboot. Booted ok after power cycling and seems fine now.

1 Like

I found a bug, when I change the pattern in reading, the condition trigs which are on 1ST is false, these trig are played !
I press on stop replay this pattern the trig 1ST is false are not played !

Could you explain it differently, and ideally list the steps needed to replicate it?

The condition trigs “1ST is false” does not work (the note is played) when I chain 2 patterns …

Could you elaborate? Any specific setting to test it?

I found the same trigger condition issue, if I change my bugged “1ST is false” trigs to 2: 2 or 2: 3, 2: 4, 2: 5 … in a string pattern, these trigs are played at the first bar, not played if I run the pattern directly.
In the first model before the bug the main length is greater than 224, if I change the lengths by a multiple of 64 the bug goes away…
I did not have this problem on the previous version of the os.
Syx file

Yes, apparently with any trig conditions with pattern chain, the pattern is reset, so are TRCs, as mentioned in the thread I linked above.

Ah ok. I can’t tell, I didn’t experienced trcs + pattern chain with any Elektron previously. Bug or feature-request@elektron.se?

The biggest problem I’m facing, doesn’t seem fixed in 1.3 or 1.3 A:

When using master effects (reverb, delay, in particular, not sure about chorus) on the incoming audio, Digitone sometimes “forgets” they’re turned on, until you play an internal synth note with FX on it.

3 Likes

after service support contact, the OS 1.30A fixe this bug…

1 Like

Changing pattern resets the visuals of the master effects but they are not reset

1 Like

That is to say? I just upgraded from 1.30 to 1.30A, and trig condition behavior is still reset each time a pattern is played in a pattern chain, like if the pattern was played the first time.

1 Like

These bugs are related : master fx changes require an audio track trigger to be effective, by placing a trig, or playing the keyboard. Doesn’t work with midi tracks.
Reminds me Octatrack parts. :content:

They did this so that a decaying note can go across a pattern change without the effects suddenly changing. So technically not a bug.
But that whole idea goes down the drain as soon as another track triggers a note. And the whole behaviour becomes unpredictable when chaining patterns.

Incidentally, this also makes the audio inputs pretty much useless…
This, and the input volume being saved on a per pattern basis are the reasons I have the inputs plugged up with rubber dummy plugs. Maybe with the new class compliant mode and an ipad I might use them some day.

It’s just as weird as the Digitakt inputs not having a dedicated monitoring function, and them being labeled as left and right while summing to mono.

Blockquote
They did this so that a decaying note can go across a pattern change without the effects suddenly changing. So technically not a bug.

I feel like that should be up to me as the creator to figure out a track transition and make sure the tails dont suddenly stop.
If this is truly a deliberate feature, it should be clearer what is actually going on (the jumping visuals etc are incredibly confusing)
And as you say, if audio causes it to jump anyway then it feels a bit pointless/ bug-ish.
This could be solved by allowing p-locking of master effects I guess but doing this kind of stuff automagically is confusing!

Hi there, just started having issues with Digitone a few days after installing 1.30A. Not sure if its a firmware or hardware issue as was running perfectly on old system and worked fine for nearly a week I had it hooked up with the Digitakt both on the new firmware worked fine. Then I took the Digitone out of the studio to work on some parts on its own and after making a few patterns started having this crash issue, now it happens very regularly … and its doing weird stuff now when hooked up to the digitakt, reverting to previously overwritten patterns that should be gone somehow, but only when all synced from the digitakt… The crash is the main issue, total freeze and a beeeeeep until I turn it off… I also now seem to have lights come on briefly just before the screen comes on, cant remember this before, wonder if its somekind of fault warning… I managed to capture the crash and put the vid up so I can show you…

And the lights thing, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro25TsER5zc

I opened a ticket today, any advise, if its a hardware fault , Andertons music said they would swap it out its pretty new, few months

Many Thanks Will

I’m also having it revert back to deleted patterns.
Dn acting very weird.
I play chords and only hear single notes recorded

1 Like

Actually it recorded my chords in new patterns ot created itself

1 Like

Weirdly I ran though a track I created before the first crash with DT to DN and worked just fine. The lights coming on on the DN briefly on one side just before booting makes me think it might be a hardware thing… anyone else have lights flash on before the screen boots?. Loving the thing, looking forward to getting sorted :slight_smile: