Digitone / Digitone Keys 1.30A : bug reports

They did this so that a decaying note can go across a pattern change without the effects suddenly changing. So technically not a bug.
But that whole idea goes down the drain as soon as another track triggers a note. And the whole behaviour becomes unpredictable when chaining patterns.

Incidentally, this also makes the audio inputs pretty much useless…
This, and the input volume being saved on a per pattern basis are the reasons I have the inputs plugged up with rubber dummy plugs. Maybe with the new class compliant mode and an ipad I might use them some day.

It’s just as weird as the Digitakt inputs not having a dedicated monitoring function, and them being labeled as left and right while summing to mono.

Blockquote
They did this so that a decaying note can go across a pattern change without the effects suddenly changing. So technically not a bug.

I feel like that should be up to me as the creator to figure out a track transition and make sure the tails dont suddenly stop.
If this is truly a deliberate feature, it should be clearer what is actually going on (the jumping visuals etc are incredibly confusing)
And as you say, if audio causes it to jump anyway then it feels a bit pointless/ bug-ish.
This could be solved by allowing p-locking of master effects I guess but doing this kind of stuff automagically is confusing!

Hi there, just started having issues with Digitone a few days after installing 1.30A. Not sure if its a firmware or hardware issue as was running perfectly on old system and worked fine for nearly a week I had it hooked up with the Digitakt both on the new firmware worked fine. Then I took the Digitone out of the studio to work on some parts on its own and after making a few patterns started having this crash issue, now it happens very regularly … and its doing weird stuff now when hooked up to the digitakt, reverting to previously overwritten patterns that should be gone somehow, but only when all synced from the digitakt… The crash is the main issue, total freeze and a beeeeeep until I turn it off… I also now seem to have lights come on briefly just before the screen comes on, cant remember this before, wonder if its somekind of fault warning… I managed to capture the crash and put the vid up so I can show you…

And the lights thing, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro25TsER5zc

I opened a ticket today, any advise, if its a hardware fault , Andertons music said they would swap it out its pretty new, few months

Many Thanks Will

I’m also having it revert back to deleted patterns.
Dn acting very weird.
I play chords and only hear single notes recorded

1 Like

Actually it recorded my chords in new patterns ot created itself

1 Like

Weirdly I ran though a track I created before the first crash with DT to DN and worked just fine. The lights coming on on the DN briefly on one side just before booting makes me think it might be a hardware thing… anyone else have lights flash on before the screen boots?. Loving the thing, looking forward to getting sorted :slight_smile:

Mine does the light thing, too. But I don´t have any issues or crashes. Anyone else?

Does’'t seem a bug.

Thanks! That´s good to hear.

Thanks , yes The Light thing is designed I think, just hadn’t noticed before. I had a really great detailed response from Elektron to help get to the bottom of it. I started a new project last night and nothing bad happened, and i played a complete track I had worked on before with no issues, so maybe it is one corrupt project, feel a lot better about it now anyway:)

2 Likes

Oaky my issue with the surprise patterns coming in on Digitone when acting as a slave from Digitakt was user error! When I had the crash I saved the whole project as something else with a matching title for the Digitakt, what I had forget was there was multiple banks of patterns not indexed to the digitakt, so I was making sure it was on the correct pattern on the Digitone, but digitakt was simply indexing it to a different bank… Now having blanked all teh banks of stuff i don’t want and having matched everything to Digitakt it is working (as it was all the time). Ha ha , so the only issue was the crash, which touch wood has now not happened at all since yesterday morning, even when playing the offending patterns, all be it now saved as a new project.

3 Likes

I just acquired a Digitone (yeah :blush:) and encounter the following (on 1.30A):

On the Arp settings page, if I try resetting a parameter by pushing the encoder and pressing NO, I’m taken out of the Arp settings page and it doesn’t reset said parameter.

I tried on other secondary pages such as the Reverb page and it works there, which leads me to believe it’s a bug.

Before I report it I wanted to make sure, can someone confirm?

Anyone else getting a MIDI loop with the latest public release using OB? Seems to function but there are pops, clicks and drops, I crash FL when starting a session with the DN on and OB plug-in within the FL session…

I just confirmed this bug:

Voice allocation doesn’t work properly when using scales and chord mode, but only when receiving notes over midi. Present in both 1.21 and 1.30A.

2 Likes

Anybody to tell me it’s not how it’s supposed to work? If not I’ll open a support ticket tomorrow. Cheers!

Hi
I’ve literally just learned about multi map and it sounds like it could be awesome.
I am having issues however.
I am currently using DT to sequence DN as though it was a drum machine. Multimap channel 14
I have mapped 3 keys to sounds which I hope to trig from 3 seperate tracks on DT.
Dt track 9 plays C0 = DN kick
DT track10 plays C#0 = snare
DT track11 plays D0 = hithat

I set a simple 4 to the floor kick with a snare kn 2 and 4.
The issue I find is that when I press play on the DT. The DN sequencer starts (fine, I plan to use the dn sequencer for its own sounds later)
The issue is that the the snare always plays one trig late. Just the snare though.
I think its a bug because when I press stop on the DN sequencer, letting the DT sequencer play on, suddenly the snare lands correctly on the 2 and 4.

So it looks like this
DN running
K - - - K - - - K - - - K - - -
| - - - | S - - | - - - | S - -

DN not running
K - - - K - - - K - - - K - - -
| - - - S - - - | - - - S - - -
Any ideas? Am I missing something

Hmmm
I changed the sound playing and now it lines up.
I’m wondering if the snare sound I picked has some strange lfo or somethjng that makes it sound like its playing late or something?

This can probs be closed but ill leave it here in case anyone ever runs into this again

1 Like

Getting some strange behaviour on the Digitone where the external delay send only works if one of the Digitone synths plays a note:

From an init patch, turn up the audio inputs on the Digitone so there is external audio coming in.
Set external sound source playing, then turn up each of the effects in turn -> Chorus and Reverb both work, but delay has no effect (modify settings of the effects to ensure they sound obvious).

Leave the delay send turned up and press one of the trig keys (in chromatic mode) to trigger a note on the Digitone -> suddenly the delay effect starts working.

If you do the above so that the delay starts working (or is working already), if you then press Stop on the Digitone once, it will continue to work. If you instead press Stop twice (double tap) then it will go back to not working until a note is played again. Pressing Play at any point has no effect on the result.

Is this a bug or intentional behaviour? I rmember seeing something relating to double stop issues before, but thought that was related to midi feedback loops.

Loving the units though - bought a Digitakt within a month of getting the Digitone, and they are now the heart of my setup.

3 Likes

Yeh this has been a bug for a while for me too

Yeah this is a bug, it’s been reported on here a few times iirc