Digitone / Digitone Keys 1.21 : bug reports

true but for a major and simple function like muting to fail is a bit hard to take for those of us who are in the lower-income bracket. It took me 5month of saving and extra work to get one.

1 Like

You need to update you digitone plain and simple. You are on 1.02 current firmware is 1.21. Itā€™s is entirely likely that if what you are experiencing is an actual bug it was fixed in one of the updates that came after 1.02.
Best practice is to keep your box up to date. You actually should have updated right out the box.

1 Like

I get that Elektron gear is expensive. But to expect software to ship without bugs is unrealistic.

I understand. This is a first for me ( dealing with buggy gear) and I am over it. Thank you.

Reloading the pages like Chorus, Delay and reverb doesnā€™t work here ([FUNC] + [PARAMETER] key + [NO] ). Randomize works but not reload.

1 Like

Did you enable the PROG CH SEND option in the MIDI CONFIG -> SYNC menu?

Yes ,thx ā€¦ but no midi pattern change to the op-z but new info!
I have fogotten that i have updated(1.2.5) my op z too and it seems that it no respond to pattern change . (See on op forum)
Thx everyone!!!

Found a bug which I reported to Elektron. They were able to reproduce it and it is thus forwarded to the developers. I though Iā€™d share it here in case anyone comes across it:

Trigs are added (and sometimes removed) on one track while editing notes of trigs on another track.

I can consistently reproduce this by adding trigs on track 4 at 1, 5, 9, 14. Then add trigs on track 1 at 1, 6, 9, 14. Then hold these last 4 trigs at the same time and press the NOTE button. Remove the original note and choose a different note, then hit yes.

Cheers Dave

1 Like

Iā€™m having yet another issue with pattern sync. Iā€™m syncing my DN via my OT (clock and program change). If I start the the OT on a pattern, the DN is in perfect sync. If I then switch to another pattern, keeping the OT/DN running, the new pattern on the DN is slightly off. Here is the really strange part though, the Metronomes on both machines stay in perfect sync, just the pattern is off.

This seems to be happening on patterns Iā€™ve engaged ā€œscale per trackā€ on. The real pain in the ass is that copying and moving the pattern doesnā€™t fix it, reverting to ā€œscale per Patternā€ doesnā€™t fix it and even manually copying each sound and itā€™s respective trigs to a brand new pattern doesnā€™t fix it.

As I mentioned before I had an issue with a pattern playing an extra note (the first note of the pattern) super quick the second time around, making a slight glitch and then playing slightly off. I had to completely erase it and rebuild from scratch to get rid of it. Now itā€™s happening right away. Super frustrating. Iā€™m uploading a video to youtube to include with my bug report.

1 Like

Same I was about to report, glad you found a repeatable version for them!

1 Like

Same issue here! Hope they fix soon as itā€™s setting me back something fierce. Starting to think I need to take it out of my rigā€¦ very sad as I absolutely love the sound.

Yeah, happens to me tooā€¦ When sound is stuck (endless notes) the other thing that helps is to take more than 8 voices (aka smash the keyboard and steal the ā€œstuckā€ voice). It sometimes happens with only one track active too, though.

Iā€™m sequencing my Digitone with Ableton via Overbridge too btw.

Very annoying bug, making the whole unit basically useless (there is no creativity when there is so much frustration with unit ignoring what your sequencing it with).

Double-tapping [STOP] also works for me to get the unit to stop droning on. It really is quite a bit irritating.

1 Like

Yes when Digitone is synced (midi clock) to OT it goes badly out of sync when switching patterns on the DN if the DN pattern SCALE is set to 1/2x on the starting pattern and switching to other 1/2x or 1x patterns.
(OT runs at 1x) No problem switching between patterns running at 1x on DN.
The problem is also there with the AR and using Direct Jump.

If one converts or rearrange the 1/2x patterns to 1x patterns they will switch properly. But itā€™s a shame we canā€™t use different tempo scale settings when syncing up the Elektron machines.

Hope this gets fixed in the next update!

Iā€™m just sampling the DN with my OT as itā€™s too much of a struggle with this sync bug.
Unfortunately there is a sort of similar issue with the A4 that hasnā€™t been addressed for years. I wish they would dedicate more manpower to these bugs. As I build a live set I get more and more fearful of train wrecks that I canā€™t prevent.

1 Like

Right. But keep the main timing the same on both machines then they work fine. No problem here when they run at 1x even if some tracks on DN are set to 1/2x. (-Even if all tracks are set to 1/2x, as long as you have once set the LENGTH PER PATTERN to 1x using the FUNC+Yes command.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature request: yellow trigs canā€™t p-lock note. If I want to change the pitch on the tail end of a long note, I need to use normal red trigs.

Just now discovered this bug tooā€¦ Was planning on jamming a free saturday night but stuck with this bug huntā€¦ :frowning:

Did you report it to Elektron?

Yep. Made a video too at their request. Itā€™s been verified but no eta for solution/fix.

2 Likes

Hello. Just got a Digitone this weekend. I updated to the latest firmware (1.21) and gave it a go. My issue (Potential bug?):

When i clear out a track using the [Clear]+[Track 1] method, it will initialize the sound. When i do so, I canā€™t get the synth engine to respect changes to the Operator A ratio using certain algorithms. I double check the X-Y crossfader to make sure Iā€™m monitoring the correct output but i still canā€™t hear Op-A changes.

Iā€™m pretty sure this is a user error, but just wanted to make sure. Thank you.