Digitone / Digitone Keys 1.21 : bug reports

Someone wrote this in a way older OS bug report…
Delay and Reverb are randomly stopping to work on the external inputs even though the sends are turned up.
Switching the unit off and on again is the only way I found to make them work again.
Happens quite often…

1 Like

I’ve had this happen on the inputs before as well. In the past, I’ve had to trigger a note on one of the DN’s internal synth tracks and afterwards, the inputs pickup the fx again. You may have to trigger a patch on the DN with reverb on it additionally. Try it out and see.

4 Likes

I‘ll try. thanks!

Edit:
It works that way, indeed

1 Like

Hi Adrian,

You have to turn up the mod level of operator A at the syn2 page for some algorithms as in those algorithms operator A only acts as a modulator without its sound going to the output. Hope this makes sense. Cheers.

2 Likes

Hey folks!

Since the last update, when i open an ancient project that i’m working on since various digitone firmwares versions, and used to open it without any problems, now the bpm and the track lenghts of the patterns are completly messed up!

if i start a new project and set a bpm and time division, everything seem’s to be ok.

Anyone have a idea whats could be the problem?

Thanks in advance

When pressing more than one trig+add notes to add notes in grid edit mode, it messes with other tracks:

1. I have a trig on step 1 on midi tracks 1, 2 and 3 and synth track 1
  2. Then I go into grid edit mode on synth track 3
  3. I press and hold trigs 1 and 2 and press the Add Notes button
  4. I add the note G#2 (top left corner says Track 3, trigs 01 and 02)

When I go to the midi tracks and and other synth track, they all now have trigs on 01 and 02.
This happens when pressing 3 trigs at the same time and adding notes, too.

I’ve had trouble when copying pages too, but I haven’t found a pattern yet.

I just came across the same M.LEN bug when using scale per track. The workaround you mentioned does the trick. The other way I got around it was by setting M.LEN to INF.

I noticed it when the DN started drifting slightly out of sync with the modular I have clocked via Din Sync.

1 Like

Solution/workaround to the sync bug in connection with Octatrack:

You can solve this and still use Scale per Track.

1. Switch to Scale per Pattern temporally (Fn+YES) and set it to 1x.
  2. Press the PAGE button 4 times to set length back to 64/64. (since it changes to 2/16)
  3. Switch back to Scale per Track (Fn+YES) and set M.Len to Inf. (Hold Fn while turning M.Len for “16” intervals.
1 Like

Here’s a weird one. Sometimes when saving the whole project (which I do a lot whilst writing new patterns just in case), the Digitone exits the save in some kind of mute mode that is a faff to get out of.
The tracks are backlit in red as if I’m in mute mode (ie: function + bank) but I’m not as the bank button isn’t lit. I can escape from this false mute mode by turning the actual mute mode on and off a couple of times but pretty sure it’s not supposed to do this :thinking:

Already posted this video showing the hanging note issue on the dedicated topic but maybe it has to be here too :

I think it explains what happens, but tell me if precisions have to be done.

just press function twice.

came over that and was greatly annoyed and confused

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll give that a go next time :+1:

I must be going mad?
Anyone has come across something that should be incredibly obvious:

Turn on the metronome or better yet program a kick on every beat of a bar.
Now on another track program a trig that lasts 128 steps (use 1:2 condition)
Now use an square wave lfo on something obvious like pitch All.
Set mult to 64, speed to 16 and mode trigger.

On my digitone the speed will be too slow for what these parameters suggest. So it will drift off very fast. When I set the speed to around 18.06 it’s close to the right synced to bpm speed. Very weird. I remember it occurred to me some other time but I don’t use rhythmic LFO’s like this a lot until recently.

Can anyone recreate this?

If that’s the case, have you accidentally set a multiplier which is not x16, is it .16 (fixed at 120 equivalent) or tunefork16(related to osc pitch) (assuming similar system to A4, not a DN owner)

FWIW - I tried on A4 and the sync is solid for many hundreds of beats, I just set a 1st condition on the droning trig with infinite length - the other track sound and LFO’d drone stay in tight sync and this has persisted during typing this too … no drift !

@avantronica Nope it’s on bpm :slight_smile: that’s why it’s so strange to me. On DT it works perfectly fine as well.

It’s as if it thinks it is on non bpm mode. I also tried to change the mult to non sync and back to sync but that didn’t help.

I do use bpm synced LFO’s a lot just not short rhythmic with square wave. Think I noticed it some time ago but then forgot about it.

3 Likes

@DaveMech Have you tried some resets? I had an issue a while back where my LFO speed multipliers were affecting the other tracks speed multipliers (on DN not DT). I did four factory resets and it just went away

2 Likes

Hmm that actually sounds like it could be the issue. Very strange. I’ll test it out a bit to see if that’s the issue. Don’t really want to do a factory reset :stuck_out_tongue: but will if I have to.

1 Like

Wow, so it happens with all external sequencing, not only in Overbridge mode. Did you send this to Elektron support? They’ve told me it’s only a OB issue, but your video suggest it’s not.

Hi Dave,

I’ve just tested this.
Everything works as expected on both of my DN units.

Just like @PTSowns i’ve had some problems with lfo’s from one track interferred with other track’s lfo behaviour in the past, But seems to be gone for the last half a year or so.

Good luck finding out what’s going on…

Kind regards, Sander

1 Like

I sent two messages (tickets on the support page) weeks ago and no reply since…

And the issue is known in my case : the Digitone doesn’t understand the CC123 “all notes off”. Unfortunately, Force and other sequencers send this cc123 when muting a part.

I don’t know if the OB issue is the same.