Digitone buying advice

Portamento

1 Like

its not the same as having portamento though

1 Like

Was there ever an explanation offered for the portamento “quirk”?

5 Likes

Thank you!

One possible solution for portamento could be to only function on a track assigned a single voice.

You can get a ton of sounds of the DN, and you might find, as you start designing your own sounds, that having a different type of synthesis (FM vs. subtractive) opens up a whole new world for you and a new appreciation for certain sounds. I have an A4MKI, Virus C, 0Coast, and the DN and I find that they compliment each other well. Different depths and types of synthesis for different sounds.

1 Like

Simple subtractive/additive stuff with the Digitone. No real FM here. Just Algo #2, using operator C with heavy use of the Harmonics parameter, letting the Arpeggiator do its thing. Unison employed which gives it the slight detune sound.

Then copied to another track, offset some steps, and played an octave higher with a bit more FX wash and some high pass filtering as the backing layer.

Yea, I love mine.
Ultra easy to get it to fit into a mix, especially when together with Digitone.
Takes processing well, and it has the only two 808 sounds I care about on board. Really the perfect machine for me.

1 Like

Thank you guys, you are amazing :ecstatic:

I’m pretty much convinced, you gave me great examples and is really nice to know that Elektron have plans to add portamento and make other improvements.

1 Like

There ya go:

aj-deep_dub.syx (54 Bytes)

1 Like

I love Tipper’s Broken Soul Jamboree album. On a good sound system it is an aural feast!
Will try your method with the LFOs.

2 Likes

sweet. thank you!

1 Like