Digitone and Digitone Keys 1.32

Reverb complaints belong in Octatrack threads :thup:

17 Likes

Sounds good :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Some of my old rack reverbs haven’t been “updated” since the 80’s and they still sound great!

9 Likes

Digitakt has level, pan, and 2 FX sends, so that’s 4 parameters, so you can do 4 + 4 = 8 parameters on one page to match the 8 knobs.

Digitone has the chorus, so that’s 3 FX sends. So 5 parameters for each input, so 2x the input parameters is not going to fit on one 8-knob page. It does suck, but that’s how it is.

Hey, the Analog Heat stacks inputs vertically and gets 2x the I/O in the same form factor… why not, right?

it’s not that it isn’t possible, just that its isn’t there … as proclaimed

just a bit of fun

It’s been so long since an update that I expected a little more tbh. The LFO tweaks are cool but they could have done a bunch more usability tweaks (like rearranging the filter type order).

7 Likes

Wa wa wa whammy!

If you put the external mixer levels on the internal mixer page, and just call it Mixer, then you could fit all the FX and pan on the 2nd page, meaning you could control both channels as the same time.

1 Like

It feels like Christmas coming very early this year.
First Ableton and now Elektron.
Just read about it an hour ago so I am dying to come home in the evening for installing.
A rocksolid OB would be a dream come true! Have to see it before believing though …
Best thing is I received a Korg Plugkey yesterday to integrate my iPad and hook it up to DN. Wanted to post this today’s evening and nag about the missing DN update, yeah et voilà.
Actually this is even better than Christmas … :wink:

Thank you, Elektron!

2 Likes

I suggested something in this matter, at least getting both LP successively. What’s your suggestion?

If they changed the reverb, then it would affect all your previous projects, which would be a disaster!

1 Like

Big annoyance for me. Just installed new overbridge, and it didn’t ask me for an install directory.

Looks like it’s installed to the wrong drive, wrong plugin directories etc, kind of broken itself on my PC.

Please fix the install to let users specify overbridge install directory and the vst install directories.

I don’t think it’s a bug but be aware of onset clicks when dialing in a filter envelope offset with a 0 attack envelope setting. Perhaps usefull for designing new kick sounds but otherwise it’s something too be aware of. Is it just my unit or do others experience this?

1 Like

I agree about the FX being good standalone (although I think they’d need to go a bit deeper, also, being able to store presets now would be great).

Recently, I’ve been physically routing 2 lines out of Ableton via my Motu interface into the Ext Ins of my A4 so I can use it’s FX across the board. This new Dual Mono DN update is perfect now because I can keep the Rev/Delay separated.
I’m going to set up 2 external instruments dedicated to DN Reverb and DN Delay, then have them on my main 1 & 2 sends in Ableton, replace the stock AL plugins, see how it goes… it feels like gaining a new independent Reverb and Delay fx outboard unit.

2 Likes

It’s a known/expected thing. Happens with the amp envelope as well. It’s kind of nice that it’s that snappy, give it a value or 2 or 3 to resolve it. Also you can set ‘reuse same note’ to off in the voice menu if you are using a poly voice.

2 Likes

Thank You Elektron!
When MIDI ARP ??

1 Like

No, clicky with 0 attack is expected. As a previous poster mentioned if you want less, up it from 0 to 2 or 3.

1 Like

As much as I can appreciate a good update - and this is a good update - one does wonder, what the hell Elektron is up to really when there’s months between anything and then this, which is a cool update but not much more?

I seriously don’t believe this is what most of the devs have been working on for months, so I’m gonna go ahead and guess that whatever comes next that’s not just an update to what’s already out there, it’s going to be AWESOME

(considering that even Sequential which has like three employees, or 1010 for that matter, manage to squeeze out new product launches in this pandemic short-of-component rage across the world)

10 Likes

" Added an option for the device to remember which of a PARAMETER page’s subpage you last used and access this page again next time you press the same [PARAMETER] key."

This doesn’t appear to work on mine. Is this feature missing or just me?

How to replicate: go to 2nd page on any parameter SYN1/SYN2/LFO etc and choose another page, and come back. It always goes back to page 1. Quite confusing for the LFO now they are LFO per page I keep accidently modifying LFO 1 when I thought I was on 2.