Digitone 1.01 : bug reports

Make sure you set MIDI port to USB only !!
USB + MIDI make it super slow…

2 Likes

Can´t unmute tracks anymore.
its the second time i ran in to the situation, that after editing a sound i can’t unmute the other tracks anymore.

• i understand the pattern mute and global mute modes - and there is no indication that anything would be muted. (all Ts are purple or red)
  • the playing track doesn’t react to mute commands - neither in the mute mode or in the FUNC+T(3).
  • all sounds are playable with external midi and the DN keys.

maybe i found a secret solo mode - but ii don’t know the way out.
Its the same for all Patterns / the whole project. When i copied the patterns the first time (i don’t want to have to do that anymore() in a new project everything is working again.

besides the known bugs and a few features i am missing (transpose like in MnM,…) its one of the nicest synths i have (=too many)

Well, it should. make sure youre using regular usb midi, not ob mode, and make sure nothing is input / output at channel one. and midi port dests to USB only ofc. With this C6 should work aight and update in a timely fashion.

Think I ran into this problem a few times as well. I pressed furiously on mute and the midi and somehow made it back. Have no idea, what was going on.

1 Like

When you set TRIG LEN to INF, and put a note on a track in GRID RECORDING mode, and hit PLAY, it plays infinitely quite literally - not only as long as a pattern keeps playing, but still after stopping it, muting the track, switching to other pattern, changing the trig length to a finite value, or basically anything. At least I did not find a way of hushing the device, other than simply turning it off. I would consider this as a bug, but maybe I am missing something - is this some kind of a tricky feature?

1 Like

try hitting STOP (Pause) twice. usually this will kill anything (audio and midi)

1 Like

Tracks muted using pattern mute makes the track trigs light up magenta. Use PTN+TRACK keys to unmute (I think that’s the combination?)

1 Like

Same here yesterday concerning the first bug

the problem is specially problematic if you switch patterns and your arp keeps just playing forever (which could be cool if intended, but please give me a possibility to stop it).

reported that to elektron, they suggested that this is intended and i shouldnt use the inf parameter :stuck_out_tongue: … or that i should press double stop… which is just great in a live situation :smiley: i just asked for pressing channel+stop to send a note off to all notes in the seq.
(by the way, a silent trig with 8 voices on the channel kills the stuck notes, but that takes like 30 sek to set up )

I tried PTN + Track already, and any other possible combination but it didn’t help.

this helped:
SOLUTION FOR TRACKS ARE NOT RESPONSIVE TO MUTE COMMANDS:
Elektron support asked me to send.
CC93 = 0 to every track.
CC 93 is an undocumented solo mode.

everything is working fine again

2 Likes

Well, honestly I was not aware of this double-stop feature (I am quite a newbie, really), and with it, it just makes perfect sense to me. Every other note length, delay effect, and envelope release behaves like that - it keeps executing till its own very end, after stopping or switching the pattern. And this is very fine. So this is just a coherent solution, if TRIG LEN = INF means executing “forever”. But of course without this double-stop it would be rather impractical feature, because when we want infinity here, we do not really mean INFINITY - it is just related to some looping, but finishable scope; or to some terminating event. And the case is: how to define this scope or event for the device. The double-stop seems to be too far-reaching (it stops everything and mutes whole audio), so if it is the only solution, then the usability of infinite trigs has to be rather narrowed down actually. Maybe some way of “muting the past” of the selected track would be a more handy feature? Just a loose idea.

Dont touch THIS infinity.
It is free and it doesn’t hurt ,)

The easiest solution to end an endless drone: fade it out -> hit double stop.

But the problem (a little one - I am not complaining, really) is that: (1) it does not fade out actually, but just stops (which is understood, because there is no way of finite fading out of infinite fading out; or something), and (2) it stops everything, while I can imagine that the endless drone could be stopped on just one track, while the rest would still play. Double-stop is just a brutal solution.

i understand the problem,
i don’t think its possible for a machine to know how long infinity should be, if its not infinite.
sometimes it is useful to keep a sound going even the machine has stopped (to be played again later or to keep a gate open) and sometimes not.

cheap trick for more controllable infinity: don’t put the note(s) in the sequencer.
Trigger with an midi keyboard and use gaffer tape to hold the keys.

Just turning LENGTH parameter a little bit down when you want your sound to stop doesn’t work for you ?

or you could turn the volume down with the Track Level (= manual release phase) und set a trig with enough notes to steal the voices from infinity.

thats all impractial. i just want track + stop button like on the octatrack. if you loop stuff on the octa it also goes on forever and while it also stops by placing a new trigwith a new sound, track + stop also works. so why not here?

Track + stop (Play) is already in use for copy and paste the track sound

right. then track + “no”

Can’t you just use a “lock trig” with the “LEN” parameter for “INF” turned off wherever you want your infinite trig to stop?