Digitakt -vs- Rytm Mk2

I bought the Digitakt but I’m kinda wishing I had a Clue the were gonna Blow out the Rytm. Can anyone explain to me other than the price, Why would one buy the Digitakt instead of the new Rytm??:thinking:

4 Likes

No MIDI sequencing external gear on Rytm MK2 (or MK1, or A4 MK1/2)

Digitakt has 8 track MIDI sequencer.

Also, portability. It’s not that Rytm MK2 isn’t portable. But DT is more portable.

8 Likes

True, I have yet to use the true power of the Digitakt because it was stolen. So When I Repurchase I didn’t want to mis-step So to speak😐

You don’t have to worry about all the different analog drum synths if you get the Digitakt, you can just tweak your samples. For some of us simpler is better.

14 Likes

They aren’t bringing back native control all with the mkii are they? That’s something that’s unique to the takt as far as I’m aware.

(I don’t have an ipad and can’t imagine buying one for the sole purpose of using strom. … keep holding out hope that void will come through with a port to the iphone)

3 Likes

My reason would be the analog engines on the Rytm just never impressed me that much.

Though if the pads are really good (and not just somewhat less awful) I may feel differently in a few months.

3 Likes

Definitely looking forward to a few DT’s hitting the used market once these mkii’s drop :grinning:

6 Likes

Apples and oranges really. The sampling on the RYTM, unless they updated the engine significantly, doesn’t give one near the control over samples the Digitakt does. The RYTM is an analog drum machine with a sampling layer. The Digitakt is a sampler.

3 Likes

Analog/Digital
Direct jump
Song mode
Scenes
Performance mode
Kits
Midi
Master distortion and compression
Multiple outs

5 Likes

Damn dude how’d it get stolen? I’m always apprehensive about carrying my OP1 in my bag in case it gets lifted…

1 Like

I would love a side by side of the sampling on them… I’ve heard that the analog filters automatically color the samples quite a bit and it ends up sounding more gritty over all and a little less hifi. I think more tests are in order I think it will come down to personal taste and if you want to take advantage of some of the unique performance features of the digitakt or the unique features of the Rytm. Obviously you got the analog portion of rytm and that is probably what drives its cost so much higher than a digitakt overall.

1 Like

I Live in Chicago. Long story Short My soon to be Ex-wife threatened to smash my gear! So I was in the process of moving my gear to a Friends house. ON the way there I stopped off another friends house where I jumped out the car and left if running to speak to said Homiee. Next thing I know some random Muthafunka jumps in my Car and rides off with All my Shit🤔

3 Likes

That sux man.
You hear stories about peoples cars getting jumped with the owners kids still in the back.
That would be tough, but your gear? well that’s next level. That’s capital punishment in my eyes.
Feel for you mate. Good luck

10 Likes

My Digitakt was bricked right after I upgraded to 1.03. It’s getting returned to Sweetwater. I’m debating on whether to have Sweetwater replace it with a new DT, or just wait and get the Rytm mkII.

2 Likes

Keep DT, buy rytm when you’ve maxed the DT.

Try to keep your focus on the music.

God knows thats hard enough

9 Likes

i have feared this happening, and yet… the car stays running occasionally. I have learned from you to stop doing this, so thanks for taking that for the team.

4 Likes

You actually made me Laugh! Lesson Learned!

1 Like

Oh How I Wished​:rofl::rofl:

Elektron said Rytm MK2 sampling is heavily based off of the Digitakt.

I bet it is pretty much the same.

3 Likes

First post here. Greetings.

I’ve read your story and i thought “damn my life sucks but this guy wins the grand prize”.

But please remember, everything happens for a good reason.
Not saying that you are getting it right now because you deserve it, i have no clue about that, just saying that it might be raining today, but the sun will shine at some point. And when it does it’ll be one hell of a day because cold days and wet feet sucked so hard.
Good things exist because bad things happen.

Anyway i have a couple of TE POs (office, chord) a rack mixer, a rack patchbay and a nice old rack analog EQ (which crackles a bit if you wiggle the pots).
I don’t use them anymore and although I don’t want to sell them, i would happily give them away.

Pay postage and off they go

(the rack eq is quite heavy and bulky although only 2u, a few of the patch bay’s connectors are dodgy, not sure if they’re really worth the cost)

I’m in France

William

13 Likes