Digitakt vs Octatrack Mega Workflow Comparison

Here’s a long video where I’m comparing the Digitakt and the Octatrack.

ps. chapters on youtube.
21 Likes

whup pishh :slight_smile: Great Vid, Thanks cuckoo!

1 Like

Nice work Cuckoo.
You’re a cool cat man, and can’t help but nod along whenever you bust out ‘goodbye’. Love it mate

2 Likes

@cuckoomusic hahaha you make me LAUGH with the love is in the HAIR introduction :stuck_out_tongue:
now I watching … :slight_smile: THANKS

1 Like

Cool. Thanks :wink: I was wondering wether to post it in Octatrack or Digitakt forum.
Which one is fit for you?

BOTH !
In AF french forum, you video was posted in Digitakt Forum.

Great tutorial @cuckoomusic
My OT arrives on Monday and I can’t wait to dive in.
Problem is you only confirmed what I have thought. They go both very well together.
I’m happy I returned my DT because thx to this entire MK2 mess I already have over $500 towards the Digitakt while having brand new OT :smiley: I’ll wait till they squash all the bugs and I’ll get it again.
Good times

“Hihat L4” - what does L4 stand for?

1 Like

A helpful video :+1:

1 Like

Great video! Thank you :+1:

1 Like

Andreas you are the man… clear choice for me too.

1 Like

Very cool comparison

1 Like

Superb comparison, Cuckoo. Tusen takk and well done!

Cuckoo draws attention to the Octatrack’s aggressive note cut-off behaviour in the part about sequencing. Does anyone know if it can be changed to be like the Digitakt’s or is it an OS / firmware limitation?

1 Like

I often label my sampled parts with their intended loop length. L4 means the sample is 4 bars long.

3 Likes

Nah that’s just how it be.

1 Like

I keep meaning to check out the legato setting but keep forgetting, does this not affect it?

To answer my own question, I just checked and the legato setting to on will keep my mono little phatty from retriggering the envelope, but it didnt work to hold notes on ipad poly synths. With legato on it still sends a note velocity 0 but it does it right after the next note on instead of right before…

1 Like

Just watched this one again and had to increase my Patreon pledge amount.

Great stuff!

5 Likes

You’re the best! Thank you so much Adam!

3 Likes

How is Octatrack for jamming compared to Digitakt? (after you learned it sufficiently)? I know OT has many more features.

I have Digitakt and LOVE IT :heart_eyes: and find it excellent, but the more I read about OT and watch vids, the more I think :thinking: I want Octatrack…

The question is really on the workflow (which I don’t know on OT) of achieving something without a lot of menu diving, “preparation” or pre-programming in OT in advance and then jamming with the preset results…Both machines are Samplers of course…
Can I jam on Octatrack like on Digitakt? Or better?

Thanks

1 Like