Digitakt Price Hike

Another price increase for the Digitakt?

Come on guys, I know demand is high but these spikes are insane. What’s the purpose of hiking the price when overbridge is not available and you have to pay for it.

You don’t have to pay for overbridge anymore

5 Likes

The reason for the price hike is you don’t have to pay for OB.
Let me guess, has it gone up by $69 :wink:

5 Likes

700+?

If you want a compact drum sampler then that’s going to be the price.

If you got an extra 200 you can pick up a used RYTM and midi a keyboard or drum pad controller to it.
If you got an extra 200 you can pick up a used Toraiz
If you got an extra 200 you can pick up a used MPC live.
If you got an extra 200 you can pick up a used Octatrack

A small drum sampler with effects and overbridge is what makes it a unique item though. Demand is high too so stores can charge that price. If you’re willing to wait the price could go back down if you can’t wait then suck it up and get one. You know that feeling when you have your notepad, a stack of records, and you’re already on beat number 20 for the day, That’s what certain machines can help you achieve.

3 Likes

Oh ok. I have a Digitakt already. I’m late on that train lol. I was just wondering why it kept going up in price instead of initializing that price instead. I got mine for christmas so no worries here but thanks for that info guys!

1 Like

Something to be said about buying at the right time- I bought mine right around the first price hike before Musicians Friend raised the price on their website-with a 15% off coupon, I got my Digitakt for $550

I hate to gloat, but I’m still really happy about that!

Look on the bright side- this only means you’ll save MORE with your coupon when it comes! :smiley:

2 Likes

What is this coupon you speak of?

1 Like

Considering the next closet thing I can think to compare it to outside Elektron, at that price point, is an Electribe 2 Sampler…you should be gloating yo!

1 Like

Every now and then they send out a coupon you can actually use- that was one of those times.

Make sure they have your email address!

1 Like

Interesting… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

List price on Sweetwater was always $749. They’ve just reduced the discount they’re offering again. I’ve been clocking them for a year and the base price before discounting was always $749. So now they’re only offer a $20 discount. Best discount was $100 back in August if I recall.

Most discounts are reduced after the holidays.

1 Like

When I ordered mine from Sweetwater, listed retail price was 679 and they were selling the for 649. This was late may/early June.

There’s been some discussion about this in the digitakt bug thread. On the flipside some of our European friends on the board have been saying digitakt prices are on the drop in their neck of the woods.

Why the outrage in the initial post if you already got one?

I’m actually in favor of this move(disregard my excellent deal for the DT)

I’ve seen people complaining about how the first owners of the DT were basically beta-testers and then usually prices go down- which doesn’t seem just. Now that a significant update is on the way people have to pay more than the “beta-testers” for a more finished product. If just seems fair(again, ignore my Musicians friend anecdote)

4 Likes

I totally agree with that thinking. I mentioned this in the digitakt bug report thread. Someone had said something about beta testers should get a reduced price and I responded that it looks like that is actually the case at this point.

Personally quite happy I got in on the initial wave, price hike or not, my box has been super rad and pretty much does everything I want in a drum machine.

4 Likes

I’m astounded at how excellent the box is after my initial impression of it.

2 Likes

I’m not seeing where prices went up across the board.

$619 here:

$679 here:

Euro 'nauts, did you see prices go up too?

i bought mine from Juno in the UK… price actually went down there.

1 Like

Hmmm. That 619 makes me wish I had some cash laying around!

Maybe we’re just seeing computer pricing algorithms at play/war with us?

Yeah that’s what I was wondering. Post-BREXIT vote, GBP has regained a lot of strength and EUR gained a lot of strength against USD. Perhaps this price increase in the US has something to do with currency fluctuations from 2016-2017? This is an idea that most people in the US aren’t accustomed to so it may seem odd. Regardless, there were some substantial moves and it stands to reason that it may have been an input on international pricing.

1 Like