Digitakt Pattern Chain mode

You can name project after saving. Or create an empty project (to start with) and then name it but in both cases I believe (new user here) you can ONLY name a project after having created it.
This all goes through the project menu.

To copy/paste a pattern, I have experiencied mixed results depending if the sequencer is running or not.
Though it always works if the sequencer is NOT running. Dunno why though.

Hope this helps,
V

1 Like

The untitled you are seeing is the name of the pattern not the project. Patterns can be renamed with options found by pressing the […] button.

2 Likes

THanks Jeff

Perfect thank you

1 Like

Clearly Elektron should change this group from Elektronauts to Octonauts as we’ll need 8 arms to press all of these buttons to generate a CHAIN—in leu of a proper SONG MODE.

Any chance can get a video tutorial posted here or in a DM? Thanks so much for this info.

I’ll see what I can do. I need time

Ha! Just checking but you know you only have to hold down the first pattern button?

I find pattern chain so much more useful than song mode. :grin:

2 Likes

Here it is in action, the “recipe” for repeating the first pattern in a chain.

@thie1210 - you get an Associate Producer credit for this one

8 Likes

freakin SMOOVE loop! I like :+1:t6:

you got a full track with that?

[what if you have a pattern on each trig?]

2 Likes

Great question -
I should have explained that as well - it’s not a problem, after you start entering the chain, you can let go of the “irrelevant” trig, and hold down one of the later trigs… then you’re back into “regular” chain programming - so you can still use all the trigs.
You can even chain across multiple banks.
try it out!

Thanks!
Like everything else, it’s not done - but I’ll get back to work on it.

1 Like

Cheers mate, thank you for making the video. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Ya I get all that. But I’ve found if each trig has a save pattern on it, it will add that one first to the chain. So I guess it’s best to keep one pattern/trig open for this?

Oh and FINISH THAT TRACK! Like what I’m hearing so far :+1:t6:

1 Like

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I had a question about this and don’t currently have by Tone/Takt in front of me. Is it possible to chain patterns from different banks together? I ask because the chains show the Bank letter when chaining [A01] for example. I’d assume this would mean you could mix in other banks’ patterns… if so, how?

I actually just tried as I always heard it was not possible, but you actually can.
Hold [PTN]
Select and hold [01]
Click and hold [BANK] (Still Holding [PTN])
Keep both [PTN] & [BANK] held, release the [01] and select a new bank, press the next pattern

Was it clear?
There might be an easier way but at least it works :smiley:

PS:
Well it worked a few second ago but I’m not able to make it work again, I might have done something slightly different … If I find again the exact sequence I did, I tell you

1 Like

Alright just tried it, it does work! All you need to do is make sure a trig is being held down while you are chaining. Basically, the [TRIG] functions as a function button to continue chaining. This includes across banks! Just make sure it’s still being held when you switch back and forth between banks. That’s awesome.

I’d still prefer the song mode from the analog boxes though!

1 Like

Did saving assigned pattern chains within a project ever get implemented?

1 Like

No.

1 Like

Well that’s ridiculous. How was this overlooked?

Any workarounds?

2 Likes

I assume “song mode” will never arrive to the Digi machines (Digitakt / Digitone / Syntakt), so we have to work around with pattern chains. Al least we can hope for chains to be saved with the project in a future firmware update, but I wouldn’t count on it.

But one way chains can become more useful (I guess) is creating a “Pattern chaining mode” with some key combination. It would be a more intuitive and helpful way of chaining patterns of different banks and making long chains. Would it be possible to integrate a “Pattern chaining mode” for an easier way of chaining patterns?

Maybe this must be post into “The Digitakt Feature Request Thread”, but I wanted to revive this thread.