Digitakt over MPC advice

Have you already made up your mind about your future workflow? This maybe the most important answer to your question.

How much and what do you plan to do OTB and ITB?

I have Elektron devices and MPCs. IMO MPCs are not complicated to program. But there is a big difference between the both. Elektron devices are supposed to be used as step-sequenced devices and MPCs as live played instruments. We can do both on both, but with different ease :wink:

From my experience with my MPC 5k, which would be the same generation as the MPC 2.5k, I would say that step-sequence programming is not its strenght. It’s cumbersome. Check out, whether the 2.5k supports programming while other tracks are playing. Not sure that this is supported.

The new generation of MPCs like the ONE, Live, and X have excellent tools for programming step sequences. Having a piano roll (grit) mode as well makes editing midi notes and events quickly done and easy.

Hello, in my opinion you shouldn’t go to vintage hardware. Vintage are cool if you owned it at the time it came out or if you search very specific sound, but the interface on vintage hardware is generally not that good if you don’t know it.
In other hand, the newest product like DT or MPC Live/One are far easier to learn.
You should choose between DT and MPC One same price range rather than MPC 2500.

,mpc is most straight forward…u gonna miss out on lot’s of crossmodulation magic though…

but as a centerpiece the mpc 2500, in best case with jjos, is rocksolid…
while pretty self explaining, because it’s hardware sequencer still works like the serial logic structure ur already used to…
and the pads are way better for centerpiece work compared to the klak klak workflow on the takt…

for the special elektron magic u still got the tone…make sure u run it with overbridge…
so u can catch all the magic on the fly in five separate stereo stems in the end…