Digitakt OS 1.50

Too bad but was expecting that…
Thanks for checking!

When the “slice” parameter is set to any other value than “note” you can use the chromatic keyboard to play specific slices chromatically.

So if you select a specific slice the keyboard works as expected. When set to “note” the keyboard keys just play the different slices.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind the extra step of assigning a track and putting a trig on it… (The loop needn’t necessarily start playing automatically, that could even be considered an advantage.)
Also: Since the update it is already possible to loop from the recorder.

I read that argument a lot around here and I do not think that (cannibalizing sales) is really a thing because:
The OT will still dwarf the DT in almost any aspect, and the DT will remain its ‘little brother’ forever.
The OT has 4 inputs and serves as a mixer, the DT will never be able fill that gap in any setup.
They are vastly diffferent boxes, with a price difference of 600,- bucks.

If anything, by adding a feature to record perfect loops on the DT, it will cut into the sales of other loopers on the market, bringing more people to the elektron-ecosphere.

Another thought:
As is the recorder on the DT is a pure studio-situation-function, because there is pretty much no way to record a sample in sync to the sequencer while it’s running. Unless you have impeccable timing starting the recording manually of course, which is almost humanly impossible.
And that is a real shame, because the elektron-architecture is otherwise built for live-performance and excels other products in that regard.
Of course it is nice and fun to use ctrl-all and live recording of p-locks in the studio, but wouldn’t it be even awesomer (to be able) to mangle “on the fly recorded samples” on stage in front of an audience?

3 Likes

mk3 spotted!

9 Likes

Oops, my bad, lol. Just woke up, of course it’s 4. (Will edit above to avoid confusion.)

I like that it has 2 stereo outs too, it’s very handy in live situations to use different external FX.

I’ve just created a thread for bug checking.

4 Likes

So, if you can use multisampled hits in slice modes, you can create a 64 step single cycle waveform master sample, loop the slices individually, create an oscillator with theoretically 64 different waveforms. You can even use LFO to scan through slices and have a fake wavetable synth.

I guess.

This update is gonna cost me some time.

9 Likes

Countdown for people to regret selling their Digitakts already :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The AR is sooo close to being perfect… I really hope they give the machine the love it deserves.

5 Likes

Agreed. The sample aspect of it just needs some modernising, stick a second LFO on and it’s the perfect drum machine. I really hope it happens.

2 Likes

I’m glad they added this but to be honest, time-stretching/repitching on the DT is many years overdue, it should have been there at launch…

Having a mess around with 1.5 lastnight, great results, great fun.

I feel a twat mentioning new features so soon after a new update however lastnight I couldn’t help thinking wouldn’t it be cool having an LFO on the machine select page what you could use to modulate between machines, as it was something I found myself doing a lot manually with the arrow keys.

1 Like

Yeah, I actually agree 100% with all of your points. the synced sampling simply makes sense, now more so than ever with the new machines on the Digitakt. And there’s distinction between OT and DT.

Maybe more than anything else, my message was about me preparing myself for the feature never happening :’( :’(

I was literally in the middle of chopping up an amen break on my computer when I found out about this update! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey! I would like those chains if that’s possible :slight_smile: I am new here and I can’t see where to PM

Do the wavetables cross zero in the perfect slice positions, and still get misaligned (in which case there might be some bug)? Or do they actually not cross zero in the slice positions, and you would prefer to have a way of just using the strict slices to retain the pitch?

The new slice will normally be latched and effective at next trig, or during looping of slice. But currently the player may also jump to new slice immediately in case of changing from a high slice number to a lower slice number. I’m not sure yet if this will be treated as a bug or as normal behavior.

Happy days Digitakt users! I’m excited to see what our Digitones might get!? I’d like some more algorithms and or digital fx / engines of possible :control_knobs:

The story of my childhood watching Kung Fu movies.

5 Likes

Song mode 5months ago now this! Elektron keeping us on out toes like no one else!

1 Like
2 Likes