Digitakt OS 1.50

Yeah, I actually agree 100% with all of your points. the synced sampling simply makes sense, now more so than ever with the new machines on the Digitakt. And there’s distinction between OT and DT.

Maybe more than anything else, my message was about me preparing myself for the feature never happening :’( :’(

I was literally in the middle of chopping up an amen break on my computer when I found out about this update! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey! I would like those chains if that’s possible :slight_smile: I am new here and I can’t see where to PM

Do the wavetables cross zero in the perfect slice positions, and still get misaligned (in which case there might be some bug)? Or do they actually not cross zero in the slice positions, and you would prefer to have a way of just using the strict slices to retain the pitch?

The new slice will normally be latched and effective at next trig, or during looping of slice. But currently the player may also jump to new slice immediately in case of changing from a high slice number to a lower slice number. I’m not sure yet if this will be treated as a bug or as normal behavior.

Happy days Digitakt users! I’m excited to see what our Digitones might get!? I’d like some more algorithms and or digital fx / engines of possible :control_knobs:

The story of my childhood watching Kung Fu movies.

5 Likes

Song mode 5months ago now this! Elektron keeping us on out toes like no one else!

1 Like
2 Likes

$10 to the first person that makes a beat on OS 1.50 using only Mario’s “ums” and “ahs” from the Patchwerks livestream.

I can’t do it, as I’m waiting on delivery of my 3rd Digitakt from Sweetwater presently LOL

9 Likes

Totally acceptable in that case :wink:

1 Like

5 months?

I haven’t even managed to try it out yet…

this says a lot about how much I’ve had on tbh.

I’m kinda umming and ahhing about installing this one tbh, cos I kinda need “deleted unused” samples from elk-herd to finish this live set.
But I want the sweet sweet sample rate reduction.
Think I’m going to have to finish the whole set, install the new OS and then go through sample reducing stuff. ha!

I wonder what the actual chances are the these new features make their way to the Rytm MKII? I wonder if the Rytm hardware can support it. I might end up with a Rytm and DT haha.

3 Likes

ummm

3 Likes

Theoretically they could port, practically I recall Elektron mentioning the Rytm was close to limits for additional expansion without refactor which is never an easy task even with justification.

1 Like

CashApp: $strangestrains
PayPal: @strangestrains

25 Likes

For the win….

Nederland in the house

2 Likes

Hard to say, Rytms base level sample playback is a bit different from the DT as is so it might not really be a lets just port these features type situation and instead needing to possibly reimagine how they would be implemented.

2 Likes

Man, the dry bass drum and snare drum sound very good through my monitors. :+1: