Digitakt OS 1.20A and Digitone OS 1.30A

OS 1.20A for Digitakt and OS 1.30A for Digitone/Digitone Keys are now available to download, offering bug-fixes for various issues.

Please read the release notes for more information.

Head to our support page to download the new OSes.

26 Likes

“The active pattern page was reset to 1:4 when changing tracks.”

Thanks for this fix, it was driving me crazy!

6 Likes

I’ve already seen this coming through the beta testing, but I’m still really baffled how fast these fixes got delivered. Great work!

Maybe there is hope that the long promised OT bug fix release (more than a year back yet) is coming anytime soon, too?

13 Likes

that was fast !!! will try tonight with ipad. Thank you @Elektron

FYI

DN

List of changes from OS 1.30 to 1.30A

Bug fixes

The USB Class Compliant audio from the computer to the Elektron device could sometimes be silenced.

In LIVE RECORDING MODE, adding long sustained notes on top of previously entered trigs did not work correctly.

High-resolution parameters changed too rapidly when the encoder was pressed and turned.

[Digitone Keys] The chorus parameters were wrongly labeled DEL in USER ASSIGN menu.

Trig length was not recorded when using an external MIDI controller sending data on the track channels in LIVE RECORDING mode.

Trig conditions did not work as expected when using pattern chains.

The active pattern page was reset to 1:4 when changing tracks.

DT

List of changes from OS 1.20 to 1.20A

Bug fixes

The USB Class Compliant audio from the computer to the Elektron device could sometimes be silenced.

In LIVE RECORDING MODE, adding long sustained notes on top of previously entered trigs did not work correctly.

High-resolution parameters changed too rapidly when the encoder was pressed and turned.

The sequencer retrig parameters were responding too fast, making it hard to dial in a specific parameter value.

Samples belonging to Sound Pool Sounds were not marked as used when selecting unused samples.

Trig length was not recorded when using an external MIDI controller sending data on the track channels in LIVE RECORDING mode.

Trig conditions did not work as expected when using pattern chains.

The active pattern page was reset to 1:4 when changing tracks in GRID RECORDING mode.

11 Likes

Brilliant, thanks Elektron! :heart:

1 Like

Thaaaaaank you! Been waiting for this … for so long!

4 Likes

To be clear. This is t a changed behavior it’s a fixed behavior. Staccato note trigs you pass while holding a chord will overwrite still. Playing long notes and then playing staccato notes will leave the sustained notes intact assuming you don’t record a trig on top of one another. If you have a note on the down beat and play another while overdubbing the original trig will be replaced. If you have a sequence over 16 steps and you play a sustained chord for 16 steps it will clear out your original pattern.

However if you hold a chord over 16 steps and then overdub some notes trigs 2-16 you will be able to keep both layers. The broken behavior was instead of deleting trigs the dn was converting to trigless locks and screwing with sound Locks on patterns. From what I can recall.

2 Likes

Well, that’s awesome. Delivered in record time as well, takes care of every bug I’ve seen mentioned from these new updates. Nice job Elektron!

2 Likes

Just make sure I don’t misread: there’s no fix for trig previews not playing retrigs in this update right?

1 Like

They did it on time for Canada’s Day. A lot of Canadians are off today, perfect for trying those bug fixes. Thank you Elektron. You are maybe the best Support Company out there.

5 Likes

I know… I made several posts and also a thread about it here and I was also talking to support – so that’s how glad I am that it is fixed :wink:

Indeed!! I know what it’s like to debug – it’s tedious work!

1 Like

correct - no retrig previews yet

1 Like

I wonder if overdub mode could ever exist? Does it exist on any of the elektron? It is really nice on korg logues for building patterns but that’s only 16 steps. Overdub on elektron sequencer would be insane (obv just note overdub not expecting 2 sounds on 1 trig on digitakt or anything)

1 Like

Perfect timing, got a message from my retailer yesterday saying my DT was back from Sweden, its been sorely missed and now I can try out the new features without bugs. Sadly it must have been an uneconomic repair as they told me it been replaced with a new one, cant beat that for service. Surprised it was a right off though, feels a bit undeserved getting a fresh machine.

1 Like

I just noticed that T1 on the Digitone is out of Tune on every Pattern and every Project. T2, T3 and T4 are ok. Can someone confirm?

Edit : Powered off and now everything is back to normal. That was weird.

There’s a transpose function are you sure you didn’t hit T1 + ^ on accident?

I feel like it’s got to be possible.

Good guess but that wasn’t the case. I’ve changed Patterns, I’ve changed Projects but T1 was still detuned by -30 ct (not even a semitone below).

1 Like

Weird well at least restart seemed to take care of it :slight_smile:

1 Like