Digitakt OS 1.05

only reverb on headphoneout

I’m gonna have to try this

Have you put in a ticket?

Shame there is no development towards a song mode at all. Is everyone happy not having the option at all? Seems like a lost opportunity in a way. Correct me if I’m wrong but there appears to be quite a few potential buyers on a fence about it (me included) that don’t want to go for Octatrack because of increased cost and complexity. Any guesses if song mode could be implemented down the line at all or should I look elsewhere?

1 Like

Do you do this simply by connecting the midi out cable to the input?

This is actually interesting, if it is the case. It means that the headphone out is not a hard wired copy of the main outs. Which in turn means that you could have an extra assignable output on the HP out…

3 Likes

My guess is that they won’t implement song mode but will add advanced pattern chaining like on the RYTM. This is fine for me personally as Long as you can save the chain within a project. They also need to fix the Program Change issue by implementing a direct pattern change mode otherwise the DT will never work well with their other machines.

2 Likes

I remember when I read about pattern chaining and almost pulled the trigger. Just before the buy I looked at the manual and read there is no way to save it, LOL, who came up with that solution. It almost felt like devs worked around the clients needs and implemented it and then execs and marketing made them cripple the functionality. But seriously, did they actually design a sampler and sequencer with 8 audio tracks and 8 midi channels and decided from the start there won’t be a song mode at all. What do you think?

Yes.

1 Like

You should look elsewhere.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m sure they eplicitly designed it that way.

The Digi boxes are intended for jamming, for coming up with and developing musical ideas, and for hands-on performance.

They’re not intended for songwriting, in-depth arrangements, or backing-track style playback of pre-recorded sequences in a live context.

2 Likes

I suppose that’s were the DAW/OT comes in. I love the box for what it is though

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your opinions

I thought that may be the case, I may ditch my MMT-8 for good and get into Push more, cheers for the comment.

IMHO it’s the best box Elektron made so far.

There’s still a huge difference between using the song mode on the OT (or the A4 or AR) and using a DAW, for example if you want to have automation across a few patterns…

1 Like

Oh yeah- I love it. It just feels so good to use. I’m always excited/sunk-in to the box and the layout of the box is just perfect!

I can’t wait to couple it with the DN and feel the entirety of electronic of music making(to a decent degree) within so small a space.

Happy fingers!

You’re on this board often. It has been acknowledged that the bit crush was not working properly and needed fixing. It’s unfortunate that you missed it.

Maybe this highlights a need for a known/acknowledge bug list from elektron.

1 Like

As far as I know it never has been acknowledged that the bit crusher didn’t work well. Some people simply didn’t like the sound of it, that’s a big difference. ;).

I have used it in many creative ways and it kind of bums me out that a lot of my work might be altered in unfixable ways when upgrading. Recording each track seperately into a DAW before upgrading isn’t going to work either, because I want to record the tracks live into a DAW with overbridge.

I send a ticket to see how much the bitcrusher has changed and if it will alter sounds in unfixable ways. Same goes for the overdrive. Almost every sound I have in the digitakt has a bit of overdrive. You could understand how that makes me a bit afraid that 32+ potential tracks are going to be altered, I have no way of knowing at the moment if these alterations are fixable :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was acknowledged in one of the bug threads. But my memory does like to side with me. :smiley:

Can you share your reply, if you get one, on the technicals of the change?

Sure, i’ll give a summary of the reply :slight_smile:

Think I’ll just have to deal with the update. Not much I can do about it. And who knows, maybe some grooves I made will sound way better after the upgrade :wink:

edit: the reports of the reverb only appearing on the headphone output scare me as well…