Digitakt only shown in Overbridge when Overbridge-Mode is NOT active

Hey there,

I recently updated my Digitakt to firmware 1.30 and after that it stopped working with overbridge.
I updated overbridge and transfer, checked all relevant system options etc.
My computer recognizes the DT without a problem and as soon as i switch from overbridge mode to usb midi, the overbridge engine suddenly recognizes the DT and tells me to switch to overbridge mode. Doing so makes the DT disappear from overbridge engine again.
Does anyone have any idea, what else i can try?
Thanks in advance for any help :slight_smile:
Cheers,

Julius

Have you tried to deinstall overbridge completely? And then install it again?
Do you connect your Digitakt directly to an usb port of your computer, or do you perhaps use a hub?
Tried another port too?

I de- and reinstalled all elektron software.
The Digitakt ist connected directly to the pc and i tried different ports.

Unfortunately that didn’t do anything :confused:

Thats strange…
Unfortunately I have no more ideas for you.
Hope you get this sorted out!

Another cable perhaps?

I have the exact problem! Created a ticket yesterday. Basically it recognizes that the DT is not in overbridge mode but as soon as I switch, it disappears from the engine list. Digitone is working fine without any problems. I have tried with the cables plugged in or off, uninstalled and reinstalled at least 5 or 6 six times but to no avail. This is most likely a firmware problem. I will let you know when I hear back from Elektron.

2 Likes

I have recently been contacted by Elektron and they told me that they have been receiving many tickets about this issue. Unfortunately they don’t know the cause of this problem and are still investigating. They have asked me for a log file from the Overbridge Control Panel. Hopefully they will get this sorted out soon as I primarily work with these machines in Ableton.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information!

1 Like

Perhaps weirdly, I am happy to see others with the (seemingly) exact same issue.
Switching from Overbridge to midi or audio/midi in the usb-config causes the OB engine to list the digitakt in red with a warning. Windows notfier also gives a warning. switching back to OB-mode causes OB engine to go back to not listing anything.

Yes, tried uninstalling, reinstalling, uninstalling, reinstalling (you get the gist) multiple times. Also installing/uninstalling without usb connected. Tried different usb-cables, directly to laptop/thru usb hub etc etc etc. Basically tried all options I can think of. Pretty frustrating. But I guess it’s a “good thing” that others are having the same issue - then it’s not just me.

Hoping for a fix. I was hoping the the new OB-version which came out today or yesterday would solve the issue. Sadly, it didn’t.

In the prior version of digitakt OS and OB, it worked beatifully.

1 Like

Yes I was relieved to figure that it is a common thing, otherwise I would be searching endlessly without any luck. I didn’t have this problem a while ago, it all started after having updated to 1.30, and 2.0.58 respectively.

By the newest update that came out today, do you mean 2.0.60? Did the problem go away? If not, I won’t bother with all that hassle.

2.0.60, yes. Made no difference for me. Exactly the same issues.

“it all started after having updated to 1.30, and 2.0.58 respectively.”
Exactly the same experience.

1 Like

Hello guys, I managed to find a fix for the Digitakt not being detected in ovebridge mode(Windows)

1. Shut down Digitakt and pull out the cable from computer;
  2. Go to Device Manager
  3. Go to the top View menu and pres on “Show hidden devices”
  4. Collapse every tab/category and where you see Digitakt, right click and press “Uninstall device”(you should find it in 3/4 tabs or maybe more depending on how many times you installed OB, my guess is that these are not removed during the uninstall)
  5. Connect Digitakt to computer and power it up. That’s it, it works!

No restart required

5 Likes

Worked for me, too - thanks a lot, man! Cheers

1 Like

Hey man thank you so much! This worked flawlessly.

1 Like

I can also confirm that this works. I looked through all places under the device manager “tree”/“hierarchy” and uninstalled everything I could find containing the name “Digitakt” after having chosen Show hidden devices.

OB engine now finally finds the digitakt and the VST-plugin works in ableton.

@sur: Massive thanks for posting this fix. Slightly delayed gratification - but now I can play around with the new firmware. Awesome.

2 Likes

Thank you for this method. I had the same problem like described here. Now I can use my Digitakt again.

1 Like

Hello,

Just another “me too” post, except I can’t deploy the device manager fix as I’m on MacOS (Catalina) - so, no Overbridge for me until there’s a firmware update or an alternative MacOS workaround. I’ll file a ticket with Elektron too.

Hey man any update on that?

1 Like