My bad, Random LFO Slew parameter was introduced with last AR firmware update it seems.
SETTINGS > PERSONALIZE > Remember subpage
As @Python underlined it, go to SETTINGS > PERSONALIZE to find the āRemember subpageā option.
Activate it if you want the DT2 to memorize which subpage of a menu youāve reached earlier.
Personally, I have always this ON.
I feel like thereās gotta be a lot of interesting stereo things.
Could be fun to plug two mono devices into left and right, record a sample with two different instruments on each side, and then LFO pan on the track to make a weird spatial sort of thing. Transition slow between left and right but also synth and guitar or something.
Or you could upload a sample with different wave tables on each track, use grid to bounce between 64 iterations and pan to add another 64.
Comb filter as a Flanger FX for Hihats
I use very slow settings of the Comb Filter to emulate a Flanging, in conjunction with delay and Reverb it sounds realy great on all kind of Hihats and cymbals. To get a better result i use also the other filter to cut all low freq. on the hh then it gets this typical 90ies Techno flanger hihats. i use a lot of feedback, Try dif. Feedback settings to nail the flanging fx.
Hope you like this .
Not a new trick for DT 2, I guess, but since I didnāt have the OG I have to mention this (to me) mindblowing feature: You can connect the USB to ipad (usb-c) and then have both midi control of IOS synths AND receivie audio into the DT. With one cable!
Background for those interested: As the DT2 isnāt polyphonic (except for sending midi) Iāve been scratching my head trying to find a compact and versatile polyphonic synth to pair with it when Iām being mobile. I assumed I would have to connect an extra power supply to the external synth, connect midi and audio cables between synth and DT2. That would mean a messy 3(4) extra cables (power/midi/stereo). I thought about buying a used digitone (getting dated), Op-1 (f**king expensive), Micromonsta or waiting to see if something new is released at Superbooth.
ā¦but then I stumbled upon a youtube video of someone connecting the DT1 with an ipad, which peaked my interest. So I pulled out my ipad mini, connected it to the DT2 and it worked more or less right off the bat. So wow, that saved me a lot of time and money. Now I can make the occasional polyphonic pads/stabs/chords etc on the go with a minimum of hassle.
Any tips on a great IOS synth? Iām using pianoteq for pianos/EPs, which is awesome, but looking for something more synthy with best possible sound quality.
Audio Kit Synth One!
Ahem letās keep this discussion on its track please.
Plus, the Audio Routing menu has a per-track usb send option (USB Out), so you can send 2 individual DT tracks through iOS effects, a feature introduced with Syntakt.
Thereās no per-pattern Audio Routing as of OS 1.01A, which I hope they addāitās useful for routing to iOS or for sending atmospheric tracks to FX but not Mainā¦
Wow. That too!!?? That expands the possibilities tenfold. The onboard reverb is surprisingly good, but having the option to add an āextraā super-long verb for ambient is fantastic.
Does this mean, if you own a class compliant USB audio interface, you can route tracks to however many physical outputs on that unit you want? Or into Reaktor channels running on a Powerbook?
Iām uncertain if the ā2ā in your example was a limit, or a randomly selected example number.
Itās a limit. You can choose to send 1 track in stereo or 2 in mono on L and R over USB. Or all of them, of course, but that defeats the purpose regarding external FX sends.
Itās a really great feature. I send 1 stereo track via USB to my op-1f, which then goes through my pedal board via a regular audio cable and back into the DT2 for resampling through said external FX. Works really well, as you can monitor the external FX on whichever track on the DT2 before sampling. You just have to make sure to mute said track from the main out of the DT2.
The DTIIās compressor is routed before the master overdrive. so you can slam the OD with all 24db of makeup gain the compressor offers
Nice. Thanks for the detailed elaboration.
I almost feel silly asking this, as your example seems to clearly imply a hard āno,ā but is there potential to use this as an insert effect? e.g. connect an iPad running some kind of effect to the Digitakt, but have the audio returned via the USB to the track in question? Or, wait, thatās why you mentioned muting the tracks when run through your OP-1, yeah?
Working things out in realtime. 
I donāt think that would work. I donāt have an iPad to test it, but the way I worked it out with the op-1f is that itās USB audio out and routed back through the L and R inputs. Itās possible to send USB audio from the op-1f back to the DT2, but this leads to feedback, so I have to disable that. However, there might be an app which lets you configure how things are routed within the iPad, but I donāt know, as I never owned one.
Oh, my bad. I thought you were saying it worked like an insert, hence why you needed to mute the channels routed to USB in the DT (i.e. in normal operation, itās going to the outboard device, lets say āipad,ā and then getting routed back into the DT with those effects applied, like a mixer insert - in your case you then took it through extra stages of outboard processing, hence why you needed to use the inputs - maybe I need to reread what you wrote).
So⦠the audio doesnāt get routed back in unless you use the audio inputs? Does the DT2 have a means to set a track to incoming audio (I guess that would be an audio input machine, which doesnāt exist, yeah?). Mine arrived in Portland, Oregon, yesterday⦠but Iām across the country right now.
In short, Iām thinking Iād like to buy something for my ipad, and use it as a destination for this USB routing, but Iām not sure where the audio would be going after it gets into the iPadās fx.
p.s. Super tired after being up all night due to a family emergency, so maybe not thinking the clearest.
This + AUM / Rozeta and whatever synths you like has been the not-so-secret sauce for years. I use this on the road to make up for the DTās lack of polyphony, and then I can still come back to my home studio and recreate what I did on hardware synths. Super fun, and one cable for all data (including audio) is slick, I agree. I also use this configuration for quick live sampling via the iPadās USB port from my library / youtube / whatever.
AUM
Can you please elaborate on this process? I donāt own a Syntakt, so Iām not quite sure how this works.
Can you please elaborate on this process? I donāt own a Syntakt, so Iām not quite sure how this works.
I believe heās referencing the stuff on page 39 of the manual. Velocity, Aftertouch, Mod Wheel, and Breath Controller macro assignments.
Each can control 4 parameters. Just make the assignments (pg. 39 is a summary, the details are deeper in), and then use mapped controller knobs on an external midi controller to tweak away.
Yup
! Thanks for explaining