Digitakt II Feature Requests

totally!

A paraphonic mode would be cool. And could be done without sacrificing channels, and much cpu, by just summing to the same buffer.

2 Likes

The feature is on Digitakt II (I thought that was what you were asking about since we are in the DTII feature request thread)

5 Likes

Would be great to have pitch quantized to the keyboard scale as a separate modulation destination

8 Likes

Scenes like analog rytm added to the performance button. Would be a cool way to perform.

3 Likes

Please add midi note output for the audio-tracks. It doesn’t need the super flexibility of the midi tracks. I’d be happy with a fixed note mapping, and I could even get by with a fixed note-length too.

I basically want to trigger video clips in sync with the audio-tracks, without having to duplicate steps to a midi track in order to do it.

Also please add mute-linking. If I mute or unmute audio track 1, also mute/unmute tracks XYZ (the tracks that I’ve linked)

6 Likes

Sample Management through USB and Elektron Transfer app on mobile phone.

4 Likes

You CAN do this, but you need to put in a tiny bit of effort …

You necessarily must anticipate where the sample will be (it’s going to head for in the first empty sample slot)

So if you set the track to taste before hand, be sure to chose the first empty slot, hit record and assign the sample (automated after recording) to the right track then it will play at the next trig

this is the best you can hope for unless a track buffer/destination concept or similar is implemented to cut down a bit on the pre-planning … lots of FR potential in getting that to work within the existing framework

2 Likes

Yes of course, I got to excited to quickly thinking was something already implemented that I somehow missed.

It’s great to know it’s on the DT II ! I do hope it gets to at least the ST in the future.

I also wish snapping to notes would always active while KB set to scale and the press and turning would allow disable the snap. This makes more sense to me since most of the notes would like them to be on the scale if I set the scale on the KB. And if someone still prefers to work most of the notes out of the scale then simply can set the KB to chromatic.

I’m pretty sure this will never happen but one can dream…

3 Likes

This would be great on the Syntakt also!

Ability to rearrange L and R channels of a sliced stereo sample independently in Grid mode.

● granular
● midi retrigs
● midi arp
● expand the perform button, macros maybe?
● add one or more FX
● polyphony with voice management like digitone

9 Likes

Performance / Control-8 machines

2 Likes
  • edit samples (like at least shorten existing samples)
  • odd number of bars in werp
  • modulation track (modulate other tracks per trigless trigs and LFOs, logic operations)
  • transposition of tracks (or all selected melody tracks) semitone wise
  • calculated microtuning (scala scales)
  • simple choking (like one track another)
    • edit: is possible with new preset pool trigs, but that takes away the possibility to modulate this track, because all settings are set to the resp. preset values with each trig
  • transposition of melody tracks in songmode
  • live transposition of melody tracks (just a parameter per track - drum or melody, like in mmt-8 or rk-008)
  • track delay both directions including first step (not possible with microtiming IIRC)
  • possibility to add silence before sample for same necessity
  • proper grid/slice with auto trigs and musically useful shuffling options
  • (offline calculation of chords (kind of resampling, like Protracker)
  • function/option remember selected sample slot for putting trigs in a tracker style drum track (BD, SD; CH, OH)
  • set brightness independently for BG, normal, Page LEDs
  • make auto-preview of samples a global function
  • decouple main and phones volume
9 Likes

midi arp

7 Likes

Project prefix and project-specific sample name counter for recorded sample names

IE if i have a project: Funky Techno 02 i could set prefix FT02-, if I’ve already recorded two audio files then when i record a third and it asks me to name it, the suggested name is FT02-3

3 Likes

I posted a similar request. Auto normalize isn’t your friend in that case : different unprevisible level, and more time to save. Btw this may require a dedicated buffer slot as on OT. The current saving procedure blocks it to play instantly anyway.

3 Likes

Yes ! An lfo designer would also do the job. Notes can be a destination via midi CC3. So as is you can randomize notes with midi loopback, without scale quantize.

5 Likes

I’d also want a SEND MIDI option as on A4/AR. Possible to trigger an audio track from a midi track, not convenient.

1 Like

Feature request : being able to offset L/R filter cutoff values per track, to create stereo effects.

5 Likes