Digitakt first sounds

turned it on and instantly melted into it…
i love this machine! almost thinkin’ about ditching the rytm and getting a second digitakt.

12 Likes

I’ve had a really stressful day today. My little boy had a bad fall and broke his wrist. So tonight I just needed to get lost in some lovely sounds. This hits the spot wonderfully. I’ve got it on repeat at the moment. Thanks for sharing.

This kind of reminds me of a couple of things. An old B12 track. Can’t quite think of the title. Maybe Wastelands.

But also Silence by Pete Namlook and Dr Atmo.

It doesn’t sound like those track per se, but there’s a very familiar feeling going on when I’m listening to your track.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope the wee lad mends quickly.

Agreed btw, lovely tune.

3 Likes

Cheers mate ; )

1 Like

lush, womb-life… like a salve for the brain

1 Like

shit! hope he will get well soon. thanks for the nice replies :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i’m getting kind of a shuttle358 vibe from this… i love those digital artifacts coming from the low pitched sound… also the bit reduction works well here… - this is directly recorded onto my standalone sony recorder… no computers involved other than for uploading…

1 Like

Thanks man!

1 Like

sadly i will have to part from this machine… i bought it as b-stock… it was the last in stock and had been previously used by someone who had ordered it and then returned it. for one thing it had no patterns or factory sounds. this didn’t really bother me much because i’ve got tons of samples for it… when i unpacked it at home it noticed that it smelled like cigarettes very badly and there was still weed stuck to the bottom… - not enough for rolling one tho…

now i just noticed that one of the knobs has come quite loose and its getting hard to precisely tweak it. the smell of smoke and free weed i could live with but it seems that the machine itself has suffered a bit.

i’ve gotten it today so its no problem for me to return it… my problem is backing up the projects i’ve done with it so far… got about 2 banks full of stuff that i’d like to transfer to another unit when they come back in stock… is there any way to do this? haven’t found any info on this yet…

1 Like

Sadly, not yet.

ok thanks for the definitive answer ;)… so weird that this is not possible… such a basic feature… - my guess is that they will enable it once the new overbridge version comes out…

1 Like

Prime :ok_hand:

Hadn’t really had it out of the box long enough to think things through, so this was more like “riding” a Digitakt instead of playing it…but I decided to post it anyway.

Hi,

yould you elaborate on that? The Rytm to me is basically a Digitakt in its sample department… but with analog machines and performance pads/scenes on top of that. Actually, I kind of fell in love with it again, now that it syncs well with Ableton.

So why selling an AR to get a DT?

K

For me it comes down to package size and portability in the end. I know I can do lots more with the RYTM… its just a deeper machine. I find the Digitakt way more powerful because it can sample and control other midi devices. For me the DT is a bit like the OT… a multitool. I can’t really compare the two and I also love my AR but the simplicity and power of the DT in such a small device is just superior to me… I usually don’t sell gear… Only the stuff I haven’t used in years… Maybe I should wait for my hype to settle until I jump to conclusions :wink:

2 Likes

Yep. I have to admit that my approach to use electronic music as a very nerdy recreational hobby requires me to have machines that are somewhat complex… I like to dive into complex machines and exploring things; when a tool is too accessible and everything is easy to get at, I loose some (but not all) interest. The Rytm is very satisfactory in that - using kicks as bass, cowbells as drones etc. -, but it is easily topped by the A4 in that.

So I guess the DT would not be the right tool for me… But it seems you have found the right companion for your musical travels.

Best,

K

For me its not one or the other… I could easily afford to keep them both. Its more about: will I still really use this much? I have the Machinedrum… (Which I will never part with because I just love the sound) But I own loads of machines that can do drums… And now being able to control them all from my DT sequencer, I don’t really feel the need for another dedicated drum device… The A4 and MnM can also do drums… so can my Electribe, OT and turntable… With the digitakt I can even sequence my 808. I don’t really feel that drums are a shortcoming in my setup :wink: Plus I own an electronic drum kit and often I just get my drummer friend to play some kick ass live drums into my device via midi for when I need it to feel more human…

1 Like

btw… I rebuilt the track on my new machine and it seems that I built this using only factory sounds from the digitakt.

Here’s another one of those drony digitakt projects… It actually started out as a bossa nova type chill track and then got diluted more and more over the evening until only a microrhythm was left… This time the digitakt is playing through the analog heat and then directly into my sony pcmD100.

1 Like

Very chilled.
Great work.