Digitakt first sounds

Very lovely stuff… Thanks…

Very tempting is that digitakt. Having an OT do you find it easy to justify both? The amount of crossover between the two is the only thing preventing me getting one.

Just to add - following on from this thread I listened to quite a lot of the rest of your music. It really is wonderful stuff. Very inspiring and unique.

It makes a wonderful soundtrack to an early morning train ride through rural France…

This is actually one of 5 soundcloud accounts…

If you’re into ambient/cinematic stuff you might wanna check out my main account:

or

I repost lots of stuff to my other accounts… the smile detector is just the account I upload everything to… no matter what the genre…

About your question: I too own the OT… They are both totally different machines… It kind of depends on how you’re using it. The OT is a very versatile studio/live toolbox. You can totally do way more with the OT in terms of what it can do. The OT kind of found its place in my studio and I rarely disconnect it and take it over to friends and such… Also lots of the features are just not as accessible on the fly like on the Digitakt. I love it for its small package size and very well designed interface. You should watch Cuckoo’s video where he is comparing the two machines. He sums it up very well.

For me it wasn’t a question because the OT is the first modern sampler I’ve owned. So getting another machine that can sample wasn’t a big deal. I was completely sold once I found out that I can drive all my other gear and vintage synths I own with conditional trigs. This for me is a gamechanger… I’m starting to pull out old machines I haven’t used in years because they lack a good sequencer. Also the time it takes from hooking up my turntable to playing with the sampled sounds on the DT is very fast. Its just a very convenient machine. The DT will never have a fixed place in my studio like lots of other gear has… Its more a thing I will integrate on the fly because I want it untethered so I can take it places anytime… Its small size makes it easy for me to put up my hammock, run a long power cord outside and chill in it with my DT and some headphones… I can connect my field recorder and sit outside, listening to my surroundings through the DT and building soundscapes that integrate well with the noises from outside… I like how this type of music makes every sound experienced outside a part of the track… I just took my bike for a ride and listened to some soundscapes while there were children playing nearby… I had my recorder with me so I sampled them and will later add the sample to the track I was listening to… so often these things evolve… I build something… go outside, listen to it, record some well fitting samples on my recorder and then later integrate the sounds into my tracks…