Digitakt factory content missing?

@phaelam watch till the 1:00 mark in the video I posted. Looks like there should be samples but all the kits are blank from what I can tell.

One can easily access sample in SRC menu : turn the encoder to select a new sample slot, and press Func + Yes to browse +Drive.
=> Works the same as AR in this regard.

1 Like

When I press [FUNC] + Level/Data to open sound browser it says +DRIVE HAS NO SOUNDS.
Is this normal?

Thanks Joshua, sorted it.

1 Like

How did you sort it? I have the same issue.

Yes, to access sample in SRC menu : turn the encoder to select a new sample slot, and press [FUNC] + Yes to browse +Drive

I think there will be a fix as mentioned above for those getting the +drive has no sounds message.

1.02 did not restore factory samples. Still an empty box :frowning:

Did you look in the samples menu? Or the SRC ASSIGN menu? I have all the samples in there, but no sounds shown when browsing the +drive. No idea if that’s normal or not!

Nothing! Nothing in the browser, nothing in the SRC menu and nothing in the sample menu. All there is are empty kit folders.

I can see about 80 samples from the sample selector, but thought there was supposed to be 400+. Is there some top level archive structure? I’ve just got it yesterday so apologies if this is obvious! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I think that’s the sample on the project it’s 64mb max no ? The other samples are somewhere else ?
It’s the same for me

same here, samples can be found as per [quote=“CPU, post:41, topic:40036”]
to access sample in SRC menu : turn the encoder to select a new sample slot, and press [FUNC] + Yes to browse +Drive
[/quote]

but nothing in the sound browser

On mine
I have lots of samples ( not sure how many , will look later)

I have no sounds
Nothing in +drive.
But I need to more fully understand what is expected with the structure

I have no problem importing samples into a project and using them via src .

You need samples to be imported to select them in src , don’t think that the only samples available on your pattern are the default 20 or so.

I need to understand the difference between
Sounds
Samples
What should Be on +drive.
Sequence vs pattern.

I’m having the same error. The process of finding your loaded samples on this thing is a nightmare. Please tell me it’s going to be fixed. I am on the latest firmware as well.

1 Like

My issue is related to this. Kits (and samples) are appearing under the settings menu, but +Drive is empty. I’m on the latest firmware and have tried both a factory reset and a empty reset.

I also can’t seem to preview any sounds from within the settings > samples menu, so am having to import sounds without knowing what they are! :slightly_frowning_face:

I also struggled with this. You have to go all the way up in the list to the 2 dots and hit ok. That’s how you go a page back in the file menu. Hope that’s what you meant.

1 Like

Is there any further info on this? I can access my sounds but not via the sound browser which is making file management a bit tedious. I am enjoying the machine despite this but I would like some clarification.

1 Like

I get the +drive empty message too, I have the preset samples though, what gives?

Any progress on the +Drive No Sounds issue? I’ve been reading all night and I understand the basic concept of Sounds vs Samples but in the manual, clearly it states to press FUNC + SOUND BROWSER to preview and load sounds. However I can only find sounds in the import menu. Drum kits / import / toolkit.

It seems that a lot of others are having this problem too. I’m on OS 1.02 the saving grace is that it’s deep enough that I have plenty more to learn before I’m writing any real beats on this thing. That said… I’m in love with this little box. :heart_eyes:

How do you initiate a factory reset on the DT? Will I lose 1.02 OS in the process?

1 Like

Wanted to update the thread. In my particular case it appears my digitakt was not loaded with any factory samples when it shipped. I have had my issue confirmed with elektron and they have sent me a replacement as it couldn’t be fixed with firmware update. I believe my case is different than what most of you are describing, so I wouldn’t worry. Very impressed with the customer service on Elektron’s part. Sent the original digitakt back today and looking forward to getting my replacement.

5 Likes