Introducing Digitakt

there’s retrig - hold a trig, then press arrow-up.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m at work, but will experiment when I get home. Out of curiosity, can you choose parameters like 16th, 32nd notes, etc?

yeah, goes up to 1/80… also has a velocity ramp, and overall length.

5 Likes

Woo hoo! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I finally preordered mine :slight_smile:
After watching all the demos I was going to wait for bridge so I can send audio through USB as I find that as a must BUT my sweetwater rep notified me about 10% discount when purchasing with their gift card so I couldn’t pass especially that I got it at a lower price to begin with.
My setup is missing a drum machine and after seeing what people do with it I’m super excited.
2 weeks of YT drooling.
My first elektron too so really excited.

Not sure if this is what you are experiencing but I found this:
Scroll to the bottom of the topic or below I copied the solution:

Posted by CPU:
“…Yes, to access sample in SRC menu : turn the encoder to select a new sample slot, and press [FUNC] + Yes to browse +Drive
I think there will be a fix as mentioned above for those getting the +drive has no sounds message…”

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/digitakt-factory-samples-missing/40036/41

This year was going to be the year I buy no new gear… SP404SX+Digitakt so far… Been eyeing off that Strymon BigSky too…

Next year…

2 Likes

Nice run down - what about the overdrive how is that sounding, and the filter?
Say in comparison to md mm ot AR A4
Sounds to me like it’s a lot more analogish the filter and overdrive than the previous dig filters and distortion

1 Like

And . . . mine is here :pl:
See you guys in 6 months

6 Likes

this was the same on my button 4. It seems that he rubber coating may be a little thick and catching the metal sides just a bit. The tolerances are pretty tight, so just a tiny amount off will make the button stick. I had to just sit there and press the button hundreds of times until is kind of wore down and started returning back to 100% quickly like the other buttons.

pretty annoying really. Im not really impressed with the build quality. I own all the other boxes and they feel way more solid, even the most recent Heat feels like a more solid build than the DT.

Thanks.

I don’t have any experience with the old gen machines, and very limited experience with the A4. I’ve got some with the Rytm and plenty with the OT, though.

I can’t really say, as far as your question is concerned. I’m still getting to know the filters and the overdrive, learning their characteristics and where they shine. Like most of Elektron’s stuff, there’s no instant gratification. You need to poke around, to find the gold, though given the more defined purpose of the Digitakt, there’s less places to look.

1 Like

Filter sounds much more Moogy than my OT/AK from vids. Not the best way to get an idea of something but sounds promising :slight_smile: I have very little idea what I’m talking about really tho and just going by ear from what I’ve heard of DT (and moog vids…) so far. Seems a nice step forward in the algos tho - filter/pitch/drive. I have a feeling I might prefer this new filter and drive to the analog alternatives in my AK + the digital OT ones… Come on Elektron, OT2 teaser time? :wink:

1 Like

The drive sounds REALLY good! The filter too. I love this thing so much I’m eyeing a Heat to go next to it. If I decide to pass on the MPC Live, I’ll probably pick up a Heat instead. I’m going to wait a few months to decide though.

4 Likes

Just tried it. Thanks!

One question, it only works when the sequencer is playing, correct? So it’s more of a programmed thing, rather than something you could mess around with live without a track going.

hmm on DT I think so yeah! On Rytm there is a dedicated retrig button which you can use live…

2 Likes

Is there a way to have a “slot Trig Mode” like in the octatrack ? I don’t find it in the manual.
Thanks

I don’t have one but the manual says there’s a retrig lock switch in the retrig menu that when turned on will activate retrig anytime the active track trig key is pressed…
Also fill is a condition you plock on trigs and then those ones only sound when you hold down the fill button (not in grid recording mode) or yes+fill makes all the fill condition trigs play on the next pattern cycle…
There’s also a not fill condition which makes trigs not sound when fill is activated…

2 Likes

DT and Heat are dope.

2 Likes

Tried multiple times last night. Didn’t work.

2 Likes

Huh? Oh well, seems it should eventually…

1 Like