Digitakt factory content missing?

Pretty sure you can get them yeah.

You can survive without though, i mean most people move on from them pretty quickly.
I’ll admit their oscillators shots and the synths single notes are quite useful though.

Pretty sure you can get them yeah.

Cool. I’ve contacted Elktron support about this. I will wait for a response.

Meanwhile, I’m trying to load a sample into the machine via the Transfer app, but I’m getting “Failed to copy file”. This were my steps:

1. Created a blank new Project.
  2. Went to the “Settings > Samples” page. All empty, as expected since this is a new project.
  3. Selected “Upload here”. Got a “Write protected dir”. Ok.
  4. Tried to create a new directory. After choosing a name, when I tried to save the new dir i got this message: “Error”.
  5. Anyway, tried to upload samples via the transfer app. Got “Failed to copy file”.

Hmm. Am I doing something wrong?

I’ve just formated +Drive (all data), created a new project and now I’m able to transfer files, and save recorded samples. Yay!

Update: The factory samples directory structure is now visible (after the format), but empty of samples.

3 Likes

Hello all,

I’ve had my DT for a couple weeks and already having tons of fun with my own sounds, but …

According to Elektron, the DT comes with:

“400+ Factory Samples including:
5 acoustic drum kits — 4 of which by That Sound
23 electronic drum kits
42 synth one shots
44 synth stabs and pads
83 single cycle oscillators and noise loops”

I can’t seem to find them on the machine. When I bring up the Sound Browser, I see 64 sounds in bank A and nothing in the other banks. What am I doing wrong? I must be missing something.

Samples and sounds are 2 different things. Think of sounds like patches. Sample+all parameter data=sounds. The factory content is samples, not sounds and those are located in the +drive in a folder called factory.

2 Likes

OK guys, thanks. I see the individual samples now.

1 Like

Just got my DT today and am having the same issue OS1.04
Also cannot get back to factory content after select it.
I bought it from Musicians friend as an open box.
after following this topic ,
I’m thinking it may have been a return from a fed up buyer.
I’m thinking of returning it myself if it isn’t resolved within the return policy time.

Does anybody read this thread before posting about missing content ?

Yes , I’m feeling grumpy.

3 Likes

I would suggest, Read through the thread, consider the things it says. Try the things mentioned. If you are still having trouble, return it. Good luck.

1 Like

guys i had the same problem , its not a problem

all I did was do a factory firmat and everything was there again

turn digitakt off, press func and keep pressing func then turn digi on

now press 3

this is what I did, lost everything but gained everything!

3 Likes

Hi!
I just bought a brand new DIGITAKT (delivered with latest os 1.04) and it makes no sound : (
And i can’t also find no Factorypreset sounds. Do i something wrong, or i got one without preset sounds?! Can I get the preset sound from anywhere, or must i return the DIGITAKT?

Thank you very much !!!
I am really down now, i wanted start directly make sounds with the on board material…

Have a nice evening!

Alex

This was an issue when it first came out. It might have carried onto your device.

Off the bat, try to open a new project and see if defaults at least appear. If not, submit a support ticket.

Good luck! You’re going to have a lot of fun once the wheels start moving!

Thanks Ryan! OK, started a new project etc, there are coming no sounds :frowning:
I think i have got a one of these bad DIGITAKTs. Tomorrow i will go to the store again and hope to get a functional one. What a mess :((((((

did you try factory format , as mentioned by forsh about 4 posts ago ?

1 Like

You problem stopped being a problem on one of the last updates. You should look in the manual to see how to perform a factory reset and a restore of the default content before trying to return it.

OK, i have also did the FACTORY RESET what forsh mentioned before. NO SOUNDS AGAIN :frowning: i listen now over headphones , master volumes on, press play (the Subaquatic-Preset is showing) , but again no sounds?! Am i doing something wrong? or is the digitakt wrong? I have a Octarack , and i am not a total newbie. :((((

Let’s clear up you problem a little cause your wording is slightly confusing, and I would like to help.
Are you saying there are no sounds/samples in your box?
Or are you saying that no audio comes out of the headphones and l+r output?

Thank you : )
OK: No audio comes out from headphones and l+r output :frowning:
And i can’t hear/see samples :frowning:
There is no audio by first pressing play the virgin DIGITAKT to hear the factory sounds.
I would be great if you could help me. sorry for my bad english!

If you hit the settings button (the cog wheel) and select samples is there a factory folder that contains samples?

Also can you check if maybe tracks are muted?