Digitakt : External battery / Power pack options?

Tested this 12eur DC-DC converter with a standard USB 5V 20000 mAmps powerbank https://www.mi.com/sg/pb20000/
Powered the Digi just fine. Solder two cables and you’re good to go.

2.7V-10V Input, 1A, 12V Output, DC/DC Converter

https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Monolithic-Power-Systems-MPS/mEZD41501A-B?qs=%2BdQmOuGyFcGF5kV%2F%2FXo55w%3D%3D

@three this looks like an awesome option!, any update on the little guy and the power outage?

also are u going direct from the xt in to the DT? Considering either this XT or the Omnicharge.

thanks in advance happy jams

Do you mean 5V 3 amps?

Works with DT?

Hi,
is there a list of all the specs that need to be met?

I am the worst with electricity and am afraid of frying my device, so a list of X+ watt and Y+ A etc. would be incredibly helpful. Will be running with the ripcord 12v.

Have been looking through the threads but they are mainly filled with different chinese batteries with differing specs that make my head spin that are not available in my country anyway, so I’ll have to source something local and want to make the right choice as I really know nothing of use.

1 Like

This would be great:)
Also options to run a DT and a DN together.

I’m in Canada and some of the previously posted battery packs aren’t available here.

Anyone have any luck finding one of these in Australia? I’m coming up empty. There’s this one on amazon, but reviews say it has far less than the advertised power. I could use a standard 5V USB power bank but then I’d need a ripcord, which don’t seem to be available in this country either.

EDIT: this will sound dumb but will this work? It’s an adapter that goes straight from 12V car cigarette lighter to a 5.5 x 2.5mm barrel. Would be happy to settle for beatmaking in the car if I can’t be outside!

Hi everyone, I just got my Anker PowerCore 20100mAh and Ripcord 5->12V adapter. For some reason my digitakt will not boot up. The screen flickers and the animation frozes. I understood some of you have this combo so puzzled why is it not working (@plim). Any ideas?

I have that power bank (Anker 20100) and the RipCord and I can’t get it to work at all with the Digitakt, not even with a frozen screen. I bought the Anker 10000 and it does work (after waiting 45 seconds or so at startup) but it crashes all the time, so not a viable alternative. I’m waiting a replacement RipCord as MyVolts were kind enough to offer one, so will update when it arrives.

Thanks for letting me know. I’m also in talks with the MyVolts guy so hopefully we will find a resolution to this too.

Keep us updated, I’m eager to get this working. I’m irritated that it’s been so difficult to get working but I understand that it could just be a faulty lead. It’s also worth considering how difficult it must be to sell a product which is reliant on a USB power brick, of which there are countless variations in specification.

I just want to sit on the couch with my DT without being attached to the wall. :’(

If this thing supplies 12 volts and the pinout is correct - it will work!

Also having problems with the MyVolts Ripcord (5V to 12V) cable… I’m using a beefy Bonai 26800mAH powerbank & can only get as far as the dissolving logo on startup, then a freeze :frowning: Was definitely a shock the first time it happened… thought I’d killed the DT!

However not all bad news… I also tried a BirdCord cable & can confirm it works with multiple powerbanks (not just ones with 3A output). Would highly recommend that one, the guy who makes them is very helpful & responsive to queries.

2 Likes

So I had a replacement RipCord sent out free of charge (MyVolts customer service is excellent) however it too does not work with any of the power banks I’ve tried it with. Freezes on the logo like you said, or just doesn’t come on at all.

Birdcord works you say? I’m going to get one, thanks. :smiley:

Yeah, be sure to order the little size adapter as well!
Was browsing through the history of this thread - looks like the Anker powerbank that does 4.8A worked for one person using the ripcord…?

Thanks for the reminder - I actually hadn’t ordered the adaptor but messaged Dieter at Birdcord who let me add it to the order.

Someone on here did indeed say they got it working with a RipCord but I have absolutely no idea how. So I’m in the UK - do non-UK Digitakts have different internals or is it just the power supplies that change? I was thinking I might have an EU Digitakt haha

Hello NiKoV, all this time since you published this, what has been your experience with this product? is it worth it for the digi ?? how many hours can you be working with the digi? … greetings

That’s a good question. I’m from the UK too - almost bought mine from Thomann and they said they’d throw in the correct plug for me (the brick bit is still the same for us apparently)

Don’t mention Thomann to me, it upsets me greatly that we can no longer get their amazing value products without paying a 20% premium plus additional UPS fees. :’(

I’ll update the thread when the RipCord arrives. Really hoping this works.

2 Likes

Hi,
I tested today.
5 hours with only the Digitakt connected playing a pattern.

1 Like