Digitakt : External battery / Power pack options?

Just to report back, ended up picking up one of these batteries and it works like a charm. Had it going for about 3hrs yesterday outside and didn’t even use half the battery. Also figured I could run one of my Roland Boutique synths off the USB port and that worked like charm as well.

Just wanted to let others know as I was finding it hard to get good info for batteries available to Canadians.

Ypsi Kid

2 Likes

Did it end up including the right connector for the DT?

Hey,
What’s up bro!

I just got a Power Bank 30000mAh, BONAI 5.6A
I’m waiting for the Myvoltz Ripcord to arrive on Friday.
Then I’m off to the mountains to make music until my battery runs out.
Send the search party if you don’t see my on IG next week.

Hey Brotha!

Hell yeah man, can’t wait to hear what you come up with in the mountains! Keep the little tips coming man, your a Digitakt ninja!

Cheers.

Ypsi Kid

1 Like

It did, I did not have to buy anything else outside of the battery. The cord that comes with it plugs directly into the Digitakt, no adapters required! Been loving it so far, and with the USB outlet, I can also power a Roland Boutique Synth!

Hope this helps.

Ypsi Kid

2 Likes

Which one do you have?

aceyoon Power Bank 20000mah

2 Likes

thanks

1 Like

Do you have a purhcase link. Only ones im finding are either Ebay or dead amazon links.

I bought a 5000 mAh Aceyoon last summer from amazon.ca.
It’s been great, and was probably overkill, to be honest. Based on how long it takes to use up a couple of bars, I calculated it would give me 10 hours of continuous analog four time.

It looks like the 5000mAh model was replaced by a chunkier usb C model.
Here’s a link to the 2000mAh model:

1 Like

That’s the one, thanks for posting the link!

Ypsi Kid

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Rip cord and a random 5600mah cheap battery. Definitely works. Ran for an hour and the battery was 50%.

1 Like

Whats that cable you are using mate?

Its a ripcord usb to 12v DC converter. available from myvolts.co.uk
I got the cord and the adapter pack.

1 Like

Another happy customer of MyVolts. I have their Arturia KeyStep and Empress Zoia cords and they’re stellar!

Hello! I have been following this discussion for a while and here is what it finally came for my travel setup :wink:
Althought it might look a bit heavier and complicated related to small powerbanks… it has lot of cons like the extended working time and cheap price. I got a Bosch AGM battery and the inverter for 89 euros. I would recommend to get AGM battery as they can last longer than normal car battery while you can even buy cheap inverters if you plan to use only one device per time…
IMPORTANT:dont buy inverters with modified sine wave when you would like to use your laptop as well…

1 Like

no way. I discover new things every time… some weeks ago i discovered the https://electric.kitchen/crunch/elk-herd/ which makes life much much easier for me, being a linux user, and now, there is a magic cable like this???
I still don’t understand this, though… why is everybody posting external batteries which are more than 100€/$ when you can use some cheap battery? is this trustable? @steve-b, which battery is that exactly? and how long it last with the digitakt?

The battery is a “juice squash xl power bank” I get about two hours out of it. It’s not a big battery only 5600mah. Perfect for killing an hour at lunch time or whatever.

Well, being I may have a hurricane coming all of a sudden batteries for the 3 Elektron Boxes I have sounds vital! LOL

1 Like