Digitakt : External battery / Power pack options?

As has been mentioned a slow boot is evident (probably due to voltage droop as the current exceeds the 800mA rating, approx. 1A), but does eventually boot.

Rather than using this convertor I think it best to find a battery that will O/P multiple voltages incl 12V.

Str.

I’m using one from the accessory pack, yes

1 Like

Thanks! I went ahead and picked up the accessory cable set. I got it in a bundle with the case, but it didn’t come with the majority of the cables. Thanks man!

1 Like

AC/DC gurus, I have a question. Can this power pack be used to power a Digitakt and Digitone, two Toraiz AS-1’s (5v) and a small mixer (18v)? What cables/connectors/converters would be required?

At the same time??? Not a chance.

You’re better off with an AC 3 prong output battery with a power strip and all included PSUs.

Why can it not power all those things?

Any audio equipment unless its a power amp takes next to no current to run.

You ask what connectors you’ll need, why not look round the back and have a look?

You’ll need to add up all the currents consumed, DT = 0A6, I’ve no idea about the rest

Doubt its more than 3-5A

You’ll have to do a bit of work yourself and find out, do some sums and solder up a load of cables and connectors. too.

Oh no mention of 18V O/P in the battery spec

Str

I own this battery and it has no 18V output.

Yes I think I’ve said that

Most folk on here don’t seem to have the most basic on knowledge on how to wire stuff up to DC, guess its just a sign of the times

So people, if it says it need 18V and your battery ONLY puts out 12V, it aint gonna work!

However there are plenty of batteries that will and the one I mention (earlier) will put out 19V which will be fine.

Str

1 Like

I was thinking some type of step-up converter, i.e. 9v-to-18v but it doesn’t seem to exist. So maybe a different mixer then.

But the battery like you have WOULD be able to power the two Elektrons and two AS-1s, right?

Update- found a 12v/1A mixer. So I’m thinking this setup could work

Can this power pack be used to power a Digitakt (12V) and Digitone (12V) two Toraiz AS-1’s (5v) and a small mixer (18v)? What cables/connectors/converters would be required?

So that’s 3 voltages, so you will need a 12V mixer so ONLY 2 voltages are needed, then it will work

As the battery wont O/P 19V, 12V & 5V i.e. 3 different O/P’s only 2 at a time.

OK!

Str

Got it. Thanks!

€ 0,52

Do you think there is a chance that I burn my BT whit that power bank
‘‘USB 1 output: 3.6V - 6.5V / 3A, 6.5V - 9V / 2A, 9V - 12V / 1.5A’’
or she will not even light up kek

Has anyone tried this one? - Was thinking of using it for my digitone. Direct DC

@Jigslice I have a similar model ( https://www.ravpower.com/p/ravpower-ac-outlet-20100mah-power-bank.html ) that works great. I have had a digitakt, circuit and mono synth all plugged in at once for a few hours. Yours seems like a better form factor than mine though :slight_smile:

@DYMS Ooof, im assuming the circuit and mono synth were using USB power? Did you need special cables to accomplish that?

@Jigslice No, I was using an extension cord attached to the outlet that is on that portable battery. It has the option to run USB, USB-C, or AC power.

@DYMS Of course! an extension cord would work great. Okay awesome to hear. I’ll pick one up now. Thanks :slight_smile:

Before you buy it, consider the fact that you are converting DC to AC and back to DC again.
Not good. There are battery packs that you use directly with DT. Pack>>>>cable >>>>DT.
There are some good packs in thread ^^^^

Just my 3 cents