Digitakt : External battery / Power pack options?

Received the Ravpower today. Just finished fully charging it, plugged the digitakt PSU in, and the DT works as expected. Very pleased with this!

2 Likes

Kind of a strange concept this battery pack.

It is 12VDC and then it converts 12VDC to 220 VAC, and then DTā€™s power supply converts it back to 12VDCā€¦

I wonder about the efficiencyā€¦or loss in these transformationsā€¦personally I would prefer direct 12VDC out to DT.

Mind you, Iā€™m not knocking it, just find it oddā€¦

Good point :slight_smile: actually have no idea, but options are very scarce in Europe afaik. Most powerbanks only have usb, or are very expensive. I found a deal on this so went for it. Iā€™ll do some testing to see how fast it depletes. Iā€™m pretty sure it should give me more than enough power to run the DT for a lot of hours, even if it might not be the most efficient way. Plugging the DT in directly would worry me too much tbh. Probably unjustified, but Myehā€¦

The concept is more focused on using it to recharge your laptop for instance, or use small electrical household devices. So itā€™s not that that strange :). Itā€™s just a portable power outlet.

This would be my weapon of choice that @Augenadler posted above.
It has more than a double capacity and straight 12VDC out.

But than when I look at the price 115ā‚¬ I thinkā€¦thatā€™s a price of PO-33 KO :joy:

130 euro even (probably depends on your countryā€™s tax). Thatā€™s 45 euro more expensive than mine. 50k mah is a bit excessive as well ;). With 10k you can already use it for many hours.

I can use my whole setup (OT, AR, AH, virus Ti, Midibox+Keyboard on this monster for at least 3.5h (tested). The novation circuit runs on itā€™s own batteries.

Soā€¦ yes itā€™s expensive but hey. It can even chargy my laptop 3 times.

3 Likes

If you need that much power it is of course a great option. That speaks for itself Iā€™d say :slight_smile:

There is nothing excessive in batteryā€™s capacity.

All it means is that 10000ma battery will get recharged 5 times more often than a 50000ma battery. If you consider 3000 cycles are average lifetimeā€¦well you will replace your battery pack much sooner.

3 Likes

You do understand that 3000 cycles means you would get about 9+ years of use IF you deplete and recharge every single day right? No idea why that would be a motivation to buy a much bigger (in size as well) battery.

I get you donā€™t like the ravpower option. Thatā€™s totally fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This one works great! I havenĀ“t checked how many hours I get out of it yet tho.
https://www.proshop.se/Powerbank/Sandberg-20000-Powerbank-Svart-20000-mAh/2485876

Can you use this on a A4 mkii?

All right, gotta get my hands on one of those! :slight_smile:

Hi, Iā€™m new on this forum! Thanks a lot for the tips :slightly_smiling_face:

I was looking this onem it seems very small and portableā€¦
Will work? and how many hours autonomy with the digitakt?

Does this work, @Munro ? :slight_smile:

Yep, five hours of playing pattern!

1 Like

Got myself the MAXOAK 50000mAh 185 (seems to be the same as PowerOak above)
Extremely powerful, pretty cool to use a couple :3lektron: boxes for hours + Keystep + Speakersā€¦

I appreciate it that it doesnā€™t make a noise.

Only drawback is that itā€™s rather heavy (2kg iirc).
Maybe a little bit overkill indeed. But very well built.
Inspiring confidence.

Anyway, portable battery is a pleasure :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Battery power is the most purist and clean (not environmental, but powerwise) form of DC power you can get. Even the original PSUs donā€™t provide it like that. When you convert AC to DC there is always some ā€œnoiseā€ from the original more or less sine waves and other leftovers from the power grid.
So as long as you do not use an battery with an inverter that gives you 240V AC but direct 12V DC out, you are fine.

No warranties, though. But I use equipment for 7kā‚¬ on battery quite regularly, I trust on it.

4 Likes

This one will work and has the proper barrel plug out= 5.5/2.5mm
Iā€™m in contact with the company on warranty and quality of the batteries etcā€¦

PS, all the step up cables 5vdc to 12VDC are useless because the USB power banks canā€™t supply enough power @ 12VDC. They give max 2.1A @ 5VDC.

1 Like

hey, what splitter did you order? and from where? Want to power digitone and digitakt from my poweradd pilot pro 2 battery.

+1 for the Omnicharge. The build quality is superb and the little screen is very informative. Itā€™s slim and not heavy. Add the flexibility with DC output voltage settings and it goes to the top of the heap for me.

I also recently went through two hand inspections at US airports (domestic and international) with it and they took a look at the FCC and mAh rating sticker / decal on the back and waved it through. Be sure to get the Pro pack, though, since that has all the DC barrell connectors.

Obligatory snap of it in action.

3 Likes