Digitakt : External battery / Power pack options?

I have links in my post from February 7.

i tried to use this battery to power my DT and AH at the same time and it didnā€™t work. it will power one of them but not both together. i donā€™t have the exact same cables that Sinamsis used. might return it and see about another option.

i tried to use this battery to power my DT and AH at the same time and it didnā€™t work. it will power one of them but not both together. i donā€™t have the exact same cables you used, so it might be an issue with that. I
might return it and see about another option

Which talentcell did you get? Also- do you know if it can be taken onto an airplane? Or at least how I can check out if it can be taken onto a plane?

Thanks!

Scroll up

Itā€™s fine for the plane. Be sure to place electrical tape over the DC in/out jacks during travel.

1 Like

Youā€™re the best! Thank you very much!

I read the whole thread but I have a question that is not clear enough for me:

I want to buy an external battery for the Octatrack MK1. The power requirements says 6V DC 3A, but lot of the battery packs you recomend doesnā€™t supply 6V !!! How is that?

Does the Octatrack work with a 9V battery too?

Hey DaveMech how is this ravpower battery? You tried it with a couple devices? whats battery life like on DT for example? I ordered an omnicharge but i may send it back and get this one as it is a good bit cheaper. Thanks

@Mcpepe No, it must have 6V.

The Omnicharge 20 allows you to set the DC barrel port in 0.1V increments, which is one of the reasons I chose it.

1 Like

I think it gives me 8-10 hours of DT use, but I have yet to use it that long with DT. I can charge my camera around 8-10 times as well, my phone around 8 times as well I recon. Itā€™s pretty powerful. The power outlet isnā€™t the most efficient way of powering the DT, but I could power my modular as well for a few hours if I want, charge my laptop, etc. :slight_smile:

The price difference is substantial enough and was part of the reason I chose this. And the power outlet opens a couple of doors for me for future videos ad well.

Just use a 12V to 6V Voltage reducer.
I built them into my boxes (OT, MD), thereā€™s enough space. So you can use them savely with 12V and 6V

SODIALĀ®DC Power Konverter Regler Modul Step-Down Adapter (12V/24V zu 6V 5A DC/DC) https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00LUKB3MI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_f0gXAbS6FA71R

3 Likes

Would you mind posting a photo of how youā€™ve wired that up, please? The usual ā€œDonā€™t try this at home, kids!ā€ caveats apply, of course. :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh boy.
Iā€™m not going to unscrew the OT or MD again, but I do a sketch on a photo for you.
How experienced are you with the soldering iron and the use of a voltmeter?
you have to be able to clearly identify the positive and the negative pole on the input switch.

hold on, iā€™m booting ms paint for you :wink:

2 Likes

Wow. What a piece of Art.

hope this helps.

itā€™s pretty easy since the input is RED and BLACK for 6-24V and the YELLOW and BLACK is always 6V, no matter the input voltage.

thereā€™s enough space in the machines to safely tighten the voltage regulator if you extend the wires about 10cm each.

2 Likes

For those looking at the cheaper options. This one recommended above gives you 2-3 hours on the Digitakt. However, when I try to use it with the Digitone, I get DSP errors.

There are several of these on Amazon under different brands, probably all the same.

Nice! The Dadaā€”ists would be proud. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the explanation. Seems I might be firing up the soldering iron soon.

I ordered that Poweradd Pilot Pro too. https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B015NWVJMC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A28QVT3E6UV0FU&psc=1
Curious If IT will Work with DN

1 Like

Hi there, it is really good, i have it for my Digitakt. Lasts for ages!

1 Like

Totally agree, LIFEPOWR FTW!

Itā€™s compact and looks great. Should power it for about 9 hours I think.

I bought one.
Amazing device