Digitakt : External battery / Power pack options?

You’re the best! Thank you very much!

I read the whole thread but I have a question that is not clear enough for me:

I want to buy an external battery for the Octatrack MK1. The power requirements says 6V DC 3A, but lot of the battery packs you recomend doesn’t supply 6V !!! How is that?

Does the Octatrack work with a 9V battery too?

Hey DaveMech how is this ravpower battery? You tried it with a couple devices? whats battery life like on DT for example? I ordered an omnicharge but i may send it back and get this one as it is a good bit cheaper. Thanks

@Mcpepe No, it must have 6V.

The Omnicharge 20 allows you to set the DC barrel port in 0.1V increments, which is one of the reasons I chose it.

1 Like

I think it gives me 8-10 hours of DT use, but I have yet to use it that long with DT. I can charge my camera around 8-10 times as well, my phone around 8 times as well I recon. It’s pretty powerful. The power outlet isn’t the most efficient way of powering the DT, but I could power my modular as well for a few hours if I want, charge my laptop, etc. :slight_smile:

The price difference is substantial enough and was part of the reason I chose this. And the power outlet opens a couple of doors for me for future videos ad well.

Just use a 12V to 6V Voltage reducer.
I built them into my boxes (OT, MD), there’s enough space. So you can use them savely with 12V and 6V

SODIAL®DC Power Konverter Regler Modul Step-Down Adapter (12V/24V zu 6V 5A DC/DC) https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00LUKB3MI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_f0gXAbS6FA71R

3 Likes

Would you mind posting a photo of how you’ve wired that up, please? The usual “Don’t try this at home, kids!” caveats apply, of course. :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh boy.
I’m not going to unscrew the OT or MD again, but I do a sketch on a photo for you.
How experienced are you with the soldering iron and the use of a voltmeter?
you have to be able to clearly identify the positive and the negative pole on the input switch.

hold on, i’m booting ms paint for you :wink:

2 Likes

Wow. What a piece of Art.

hope this helps.

it’s pretty easy since the input is RED and BLACK for 6-24V and the YELLOW and BLACK is always 6V, no matter the input voltage.

there’s enough space in the machines to safely tighten the voltage regulator if you extend the wires about 10cm each.

2 Likes

For those looking at the cheaper options. This one recommended above gives you 2-3 hours on the Digitakt. However, when I try to use it with the Digitone, I get DSP errors.

There are several of these on Amazon under different brands, probably all the same.

Nice! The Dada—ists would be proud. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the explanation. Seems I might be firing up the soldering iron soon.

I ordered that Poweradd Pilot Pro too. https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B015NWVJMC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A28QVT3E6UV0FU&psc=1
Curious If IT will Work with DN

1 Like

Hi there, it is really good, i have it for my Digitakt. Lasts for ages!

1 Like

Totally agree, LIFEPOWR FTW!

It’s compact and looks great. Should power it for about 9 hours I think.

I bought one.
Amazing device

Hi all. So, I bought omnicharge 20 and it works great apart from this issue. If i have my Digitakt hooked up to the battery and I connect my digitone too, it reboots or crashes one or both machines when i turn the second on. Sometimes I can restart the machine straight away after but more often i have to wait a minute or so before it will turn on again. Anyone else have this issue? I ordered a different DC splitter cable online in case that is the issue. I had another battery previously that gave me the same issue.
If i turn on both units at the same time they both boot up fine and i can use both from the battery.
Any thoughts from anyone?

They seem to pull off too much power at boot. Try a condenser with maybe 1/8F in parallel and you should be fine.

1 Like

Hey @LyingDalai, Im about to pick one up. What kind of cable have you used to plug 2 Elektron boxes? any recomendations? :slight_smile:

So far I haven’t tried 2 Elektron, only one Elektron + Boutique + OP-1 and the Keystep.
A divider cable would be ace, maybe you should only contact the firm that sells it.
I think you can contact them directly on Amazon.

1 Like

Lovely

2 Likes