Digitakt : External battery / Power pack options?

Hi all. So, I bought omnicharge 20 and it works great apart from this issue. If i have my Digitakt hooked up to the battery and I connect my digitone too, it reboots or crashes one or both machines when i turn the second on. Sometimes I can restart the machine straight away after but more often i have to wait a minute or so before it will turn on again. Anyone else have this issue? I ordered a different DC splitter cable online in case that is the issue. I had another battery previously that gave me the same issue.
If i turn on both units at the same time they both boot up fine and i can use both from the battery.
Any thoughts from anyone?

They seem to pull off too much power at boot. Try a condenser with maybe 1/8F in parallel and you should be fine.

1 Like

Hey @LyingDalai, Im about to pick one up. What kind of cable have you used to plug 2 Elektron boxes? any recomendations? :slight_smile:

So far I havenā€™t tried 2 Elektron, only one Elektron + Boutique + OP-1 and the Keystep.
A divider cable would be ace, maybe you should only contact the firm that sells it.
I think you can contact them directly on Amazon.

1 Like

Lovely

2 Likes

Will 65w/110v be ok?
Looking at a ravpower 20100

i think this is the one iā€™m looking at. Is it the 65 w? looks like a rectangular pop can?

edit, nm, you said it was the 65w. Iā€™ll get one too, i think

1 Like

Are I above the limit of the specificities of digitakt ??
I do not understand what kind of value in (((amp))) and what does that mean
I do not know if the 2Amp are compatible with the digitakt, need help pleaseā€¦

Has anyone got the omnicharge, what model and cable do I need for digitone.

The omni has a 2.1mm barrel, the elektrons all share a 2.5mm barrel plug.
I got a 2m 2.1 to 2.5 off ebay for 5ā‚¬.

For your needs, the omni 13 should be enough, but if you can, iā€™d go for the 20 as you have longer lifespan from the battety even after 1.000 charges when the capacity starts to deplete

1 Like

Cheap option that I use on the go.

Lithium iron phosphate ( LiFePO4)
12 Ah
Comes with carry case, and a cable that fits the DT perfectly.
Provides long use times, Battery recharge is fairly fast.
As a bonus, you can use this battery to jump start a dead car battery.

Cool thanks. Tricky to buy Omni charge in Aus, might have have to use eBay.

Haha, i also did a Song with the Pad Sample you used :D.
Cool stuff tough

Hello,

I wanted to use a battery setup because I commute on a bus for 30 min to an hour+ depending on trafficā€¦ what I ended up picking up was this:

Amazon had it on a short sale for $65 bucksā€¦ Iā€™ve snice used it on a plane, the bus, and just out when iā€™m having some breakfastā€¦ so itā€™s great to take it around.

Hope that help a bit.
Brett

1 Like

my XT power is runnig wellā€¦I received it discharged but i had good check thru the Elektron and so ā€¦ fine ! ! !

xt%20-%20Copie

Hey guys!
I stumbled over this thread and researched a bit about it. After a while, I ordered a powerbank and an USB-to-9v-adapter to power my Digitakt and Audiothingies Micromonsta. I went for those ones here and they seem to work fine.

LitioniteĀ® Tanker Mini 25000mAh Power Pack Externe Batterie Akku Aluminium mit LED-Bildschirm - tragbare LadegerƤt mit doppelt Usb 3A Schnellladung und Quick Charge 3.0 Technik + Usb Type-C + DC-Ausgang mit AnschlĆ¼ssen fĆ¼r Laptop - Power Bank Universal und kompatibel fĆ¼r Notebook, Macbook, Smartphone und Tablet https://www.amazon.de/dp/B072MKB3S2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fCQjBbXRTF4C8

Step Up Spannungswandler Qutaway USB 5V bis 9V oder 12V Step Up Kabel einstellbar DC zu DC Transformator Konverter mit Schalter (5V-9 / 12V) https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0721MX1P5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_zfxkBbMGWP1NQ

Check the imagesā€¦ The battery pack seems to ship with different brand names. Iā€™d guess itā€™d be available in other Amazon stores under different names.

Started with 87% factory charge and after about 10mins of play, I am still on 87 :slight_smile:
The important bit to me was having a solution with switchable DC out and at least two usb ports. With the adapter the Micromonsta runs off one USB port as it only draws 300 mA. It even has a magsafe adapter for my MacBook Pro if Iā€™d be out working and be in need for a recharge. Havenā€™t had a pressure test, but so far I am really pleased. The Tascam DP-006 is already battery loaded so I guess I am prepared for some productive vacations :slight_smile:

Hi Elektronauters
Iā€™m considering this one https://www.thomann.de/dk/kse_falken_1.htm

Anyone having any experience with this and the DT?

Hey! I see that the most popular link directs you to LIFEPOWRā€™s old website! Check out the new place guys!

Hallo parque,

I assume such simple step up Spannungswandler thingies would not work with Digitakt/Digitone due to the mentioned 800Amh max (2A at 5V -> 0,8A at 12V)? (which is fine for Micromonsta since it only needs 0,2A at 9V)

Greetings
Sascha

Hello Sascha!
Yeah, if you have in mind to power both Digitone and Digitakt, youā€™d probably need two of those power banks. With this pair, though, youā€™d probably have enough juice for a weekend of music :slight_smile:

Best regards,
parque