Digitakt available for pre-ordering

It’s certainly not something I’m going to add to my current AR, AK and OT setup. I’m still hopeful for OT2, however will buy the MPCX when that’s released, so may sell the OT then.

1 Like

Yes, I think this needs clarifying as OB was continually promoted as ‘free software for all our users’ to get multitracked audio over USB.

I suspect this Premium business will only apply to the DT (they were pretty cagey about OB in relation to the DT at the time of launch), and if it doesn’t I would feel pretty cheated.

1 Like

Does this thing do time-shifting? If it does it better than the new Electribe (pitch and time), I might be sold.

I’m on the fence about the Premium features. I’ve had the thought that if Korg had offerered upgrades (more RAM perhaps, additional outputs/voices) for the new Electribes, I would have bought into it. But now that another company is doing something similar, I’m ambivalent. Be careful what you wish for!

regret the time where elektron has to make people knoow them, and cram all that they can in their boxes…

3 Likes

Direct Jump?

Will future updates for the analog machines be available as premium and basic as well ?

at least the DT threads have livened up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hard to tell but at about :28 sec of the video - the start parameter is tweaked.
Either 120 or 128 STRT slices looks to be standard.

@Ess - this would be a great thing to know for those of us building sample chains in anticipation of DT delivery.

1 Like

A logical and objective conclusion, indeed.

2 Likes

looks like 120 to me

2 Likes

separate outs aint included in overbridge basic

I meant to quote just the first line.
“an attempt to keep initial prices low”

I hear ya.

I hope so. Rytm slice standard is better for DT, IMO, considering Rytm chains are typically smaller than OT, since there is no CF card and less drive space.

man this sucks. €650 was pushing it price wise. looks like a lovely little box with some excellent design / OS improvements which I’ve very much been looking forward to, but €850 (to get individual outs) is very expensive imo.

4 Likes

I dont know why they didnt just increase the cost of the box slightly and keep overbridge free.

5 Likes

The immediacy of it. Didn’t see the OB premium. Bit worried now that they’ll roll this out on AK/AR

And hopefully physical separate outs will show up again on future big boxes too… Not everyone wants to run a computer just to send a track to a pedal… Laaaaame.

I agree with this. None of this promo material offers any useful information at all. No info about the synth engines, machine types, sample editing/playback or whether the midi out tracks will allow polyphony and probability.

Release the manual already and be done with it !!!

3 Likes

Elektron were asked about this on Facebook. This was their reply:

Overbridge for the current Analog boxes will remain free of charge with all functionality intact

So, you’re good there.

6 Likes