Digitakt and Virus B Midi CC

I need a little help here with my Access Virus B synth

I am currently using an Access Virus B synth connected to my Digitakt. I have looked up in the manual and online information about the CC values. Not sure if I have my settings incorrect but I cannot seem to get any of them to work. I would like to be able to change the individual CC perameters for each TRIG to create a more interesting sounding sequence. Perhaps I am missing some specific settings to allow this feature. I thought I had everything covered.

Do you have a list of cc’s or are you looking for a list?

I found a few sources on the web but haven’t had really any luck with them.

http://www.waf80.de/virus/sysex.html

Then there was this one

check this out - my setup is for Virus C, but has to be close.

I have a list but it looks the same. I have only had one experiment with the two myself but had no problems.

I’ll give it a shot later when I get home and report back Thanks! :sunglasses:

*Alright So I checked your post on the config for the Virus and the DT. I am not sure where my problem was but I managed to get the CC working. The list you have for the Virus C different for what was working for the Virus B. I started a log sheet and to the best of my ability will document which CC correlates with each knob and other settings on the Virus B and post it.

Thanks for posting. I’m thrilled to have gotten these two machines talking.

2 Likes

OT can midi learn the cc’s if you hook it up with midi in and out…theres a video on yt showing it.

Check this-

Im sure this shows it.

That is a nice feature! too bad I don’t think they digitakt has this option. Would be super easy to set everything up if it had MIDI learn

your virus b works while connected to the DT huh? DT crashes my virus b interface.

Damm…wonder why not.

Yea, I have had my Virus B for a long time. I never did any firmware or updates to it. Its prolly on an old version. No idea why your Virus is crashing. I don’t have any issues, I can see what version I am running if its of any interest.

ok

im on 4.9 btw which i think is the latest

I had the same problem with my C and needed to replace the ROM battery, possible?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yeah, it happened to me especially while using Multisingle that the ROM battery didn’t have enough charge in it to handle the edit, I’d have to do a soft reset to bring it back in action and reroute all my Output/MIDI/Sysex settings. £2 battery sorted it out and it hasn’t happened since. The way it used to happen on note-ons made me think the same thing initially (DT crashing unit.)

1 Like

1 Like

This is great~ I’m trying to control CC 63 release with Digitakt but in the digitkat there is not 63. Seems to skip around alot and missing cc nmbers replacing them with stuff like LSB , GP, DEP. Not sure why they don’t have just CC 1 through whatever.

Possible. You can set it with Midi tracks :

• Set CC#63 in Amp page
  • Activate the CC by holding Fn+corresponding knob in Filter page.
1 Like

Can you manually input the CC#s in the Amp page? on mine in the Amp page there is not option for CC#63 when I rotate through the CC value options

Check the value below the box.

1 Like