Digitakt 1.30 : Bug reports

Forgive me if this bug has been reported on this thread but has anybody had an issue with their external audio inputs effect sends not working.

It seems to work initially until I mess around with the midi tracks (can’t replicate it currently) and the wet audio inputs become dry which usually resets after rebooting the Digitakt.

Lastest firmware

Didn’t you tap the stop button twice before the effect send stopped working?

When that happened press play and tap stop button JUST ONCE then check to hear if you can get the wet sound.

1 Like

Thanks for that, I guess I didn’t pick up on that!

Not exactly the same issue, but similar in terms of stereo presentation: when in USB Audio/Midi mode, using DT as an audio interface and with “INT TO MAIN” set OFF in the audio routing menu, the phase correlation seems to collapse. Panning external in and internal audio signals on Digitakt does the opposite (i.e. Pan L sends to R speaker, and vice versa). It also sounds thin and hollow, like the phase inverts. When I set “INT TO MAIN” to ON, the problem stops.

I filed a ticket already…I’m not sure what could be happening here but it’s a bummer.

1 Like

Haven’t used DT for a little bit. But no sooner did I incorporate it back into the mix [audio via OB] I get audio drop outs. OB messes with my setup. I think it’s time to abandon it.
I don’t miss the audio degrading mid whatever I’m doing.

1 Like

I have to say as a 2017 Digitakt owner who left it sat in a box for four years, this endless beta test is extremely draining.

I got it out again inspired by many Youtube videos, to overcome this steep learning curve once and for all, just in time for 1.30, but it is sad to see so many issues.

I too have had all sorts of weird bugs, but as I am relatively new and I can’t seem to replicate the outcome. One that keeps happening is the sample still sends to the delay even when its not being sent.

Hello to all, I don’t know if there was this problem described but my DT sometimes wiping the whole pattern (empty sequences and resets my tracks to basic sound) when I pressing [Func] + [No] which should get back to the previously saved pattern in temporary memory. This happens to me at least two times!

So the basic steps to reproduce:

1. Making track for an hour (ofc not saving project :smiley: )
  2. Save Ptn to temporary [Func]+[Yes]
  3. going to build up with some aggressive effects, let’s say add a lot of reverb to all tracks.
  4. [Func]+[No] should reload pattern back but wipe everything instead !!
  5. Can not get my pattern anymore :frowning:

For me, it seems like temporary memory is missing for some reason, or aggressive effects making pain for DT core at the moment of revert pattern back, have no ideas…

1 Like

… is a romantic idea :smiley:
But most probably

1. Try an empty project, see if you can repeat this error
  2. If true, contact Elektron support
1 Like

So here is my setup

• Ableton Live Suite 11
  • Macbook Pro M1Pro
  • Digitakt
  • Digitakt plugin (AU or VST) in live set
  • Overbridge installed

If i simply turn off the digitakt Ableton crashes every time. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have submitted the bug report to Ableton (multiple times to ensure they have what they need) and Apple. I am not sure how to submit a bug report to Elektron.

Register your machine on elektron.se and drop a ticket.
Check the menu available on the upper right once you’ve looked in with your user account.

Yeah I am registered, i guess ill open a ticket so the issue can be tracked

1 Like

If I’m in pattern mute mode (purple trigs) and power off, the DT hangs on next startup, it gets stuck at the splash screen animation, requiring a reboot.

Actually, I’m not even sure if this was already there, I’ve never tried before but I can recreate it every time.

I cannot confirm this, my DT doesn’t exhibit this behaviour. 1.30B

1.30B seems to have broken the display sleep when I keep the DT turned on.
Can anybody confirm ?

1 Like

Yeah, having tried a few more times, it seems to happen only under certain conditions.

If you get a few more minutes spare, try leaving it in pattern mute mode, with a couple tracks muted, save pattern and project while still in pattern mute mode, then reboot. Hangs every time for me when following these steps.

Its possible my project is corrupted but its not showing any other signs, weird.

I don’t ever change the display settings, but I’ve definitely seen the screen dim a little when left for a while. Not sure if thats the same setting.

Tried this, no dice. Cannot get my DT to hang in those conditions.
There is most likely another factor involved.

1 Like

same… Elektron needs to rewrite this function … how long is this now buggy? Most important for the longevity of the device …

I’ll wait and see what support say, it must be related to the purple pattern mute mode as its only just started happening and coincidentally, I 've only just started using that mode.

Thanks for checking :+1:

With FX global, you can still randomize say the Delay with Fn+SRC+YES.
But you can’t come back to previous value with Fn+SRC+NO

Same for the FX settings: with FX global you don’t have any saved value to restore. There is only the current value, and you better remember which you came from.

To me, the desired behavior would be to have a saved global FX state I can recall when hitting reload (Fn+No).
@Patrik? Would this be considered a feature? Was this behavior conceived like this or is it a missed spot?

2 Likes