Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

If you’re happy to go through each trig setting trig conditions, be my guest. Also, how would you reduce probabilities of all your TRCs in one go like my breakdown example above? It would be impossible :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sure that is a fact. And I haven’t played with it so far. But my first thoughts where yes I can place tc with the PROB. That is awesome. So it is a bummer that it isn’t working that way. Now it is more like a performance tool instead of creating deeper sequences.

You can do both though!

Prob is dynamic at track level and can be crrl-all’d. TRCs with percentage are still there and can be used together on a track

4 Likes

But they haven’t removed any TRC functionality so now you have the best of both worlds to use as you please. Give it a go by throwing random notes across all 16 trigs of a pattern, then reduce the Prob gradually to nothing. It really is amazing!

4 Likes

I will try it sure. But It would make sense for me to combine the two together. But it is what it is. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Setting up hihats as full 16ths with only the “and” beats trc locked to 100% is so nice for generative techno. you can dial in how frantic you want your hats with one knob while keeping the back beat going :slight_smile:

12 Likes

That’s what it is though !

3 Likes

Wow I really wanna sell stuff now and get my DT/DN back these are great features :+1:

I disagree on this point. I still can’t make a trig set on a Trig Condition where it said 1:2 and then with the 50% PROB so it never plays on the second playtrough but has a 50% chance to hit the first one. That is combining in my opinion.

5 Likes

Can’t please everyone I guess.

2 Likes

Short answer, not really. There might be one or two ok apps but for many reasons, iPad has pretty much the entire share of tablet music apps. Also, Samsung tablets in particular do not have good audio performance.

If it’s for music use primarily you will 100% regret not getting an iPad, I would not normally be so forceful but I know a lot about the tablet music making world and Android is so far behind iOS for music specifically, personally I don’t think it will ever catch up.

The cheapest new iPad, or even a second hand model from a few years ago, will give you access to a whole world of amazing apps. Unless you want to make whole tracks on the iPad you don’t need to worry too much about CPU performance, the last few years are plenty powerful for synths etc. Worth getting at least 32gb space (preferably 64) as you’ll no doubt fill it up with apps quite quickly :joy:

3 Likes

I know! And it is what it is so no big deal. I am still pleased with the update :smiley:

4 Likes

I keep going to preview with TRIG + YES but instead hit TRIG + RETRIG out of habit.
Great updates though. Thank you Elektron!

2 Likes

You make a good point here, because in that specific case, that’s a cool idea. I guess it’s implemented the way it is because it would be hella confusing and difficult to do if TRCs were subject to Prob as well. For example, if Prob overrode TRCs there wouldn’t be a way to tell it ‘I always want this trig to fire no matter what’. So, this is probably (no pun intended) the best way of ‘combining’ the options

6 Likes

This is an amazing update–thank you, Elektron! Quick question: can anyone point me to a resource explaining what the Digitone play modes (Poly, Mono, etc.) do? Does one or more of these modes fix the “same-note clicking” issue? That is, do they address voice allocation, and make it so that every time you press the same key it triggers a different voice, instead of the same voice (voice cycling)?

1 Like

If we CTR-AL the chance (prob) parameter, does it effect Synth Tracks and Midi Tracks at the same time? I would assume it’s seperate.

Yes I agree (no pun taken). It is difficult but a man can dream right. I can imagine some tc would not benefit from working together. It would only work if PROB could be locked aswell

Will give it go soon to check it out in real to busy at the moment!

2 Likes

Just tested. Does all of them at once. Edit: didn’t see the Midi tracks part at first. But tested that too just now - each midi track treated separately. In fact, are Midi tracks even affected by Control All in the first place?

1 Like

So for the Digitone it affects the 4 midi tracks and 4 synth tracks altogether? Got it. Thank you Craig. I was hoping there would be 2 separate chance settings split between synth / midi tracks…not complaining though. This update is great!!!

Edit - I suppose I’ve never tried CTR-AL on midi tracks. But now that this feature is added, it would be dope.

1 Like

I don’t know either way, I would assume all tracks are affected but it may be the other way as you suggest