Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

So the only thing that is still not possible: record pitchbend, breath, modwheel and aftertouch, right?

So other than that the boxes are now perfect! Thank you!

5 Likes

Does anyone know with the new update if I could use a DT as a sound card now for my iPad running Quantiloop, (or potentially any other audio mangling app) so I could theoretically send DT audio inputs (My guitar) into QL, and then QL outputs back into DT to sample, along with midi received at the DT input (a foot pedal to control QL in my case) whilst also playing normal DT sequences
This would make my setup a lot more streamlined if so.

2 Likes

Does this update fix the behavior where sequence changes over MIDI (to effectively do an external ā€œsong modeā€) were triggering too early or late? I havenā€™t tried this yet since I heard it wasnā€™t working correctly, but Iā€™m curious if that was fixed.

Otherwise, this seems amazing. Thanks, Elektron!

I donā€™t have neither of those machines but this update really looks to be a huge one!
As an OT owner im happy with screensaver! :slight_smile:

Not

5 Likes

Amazing updates! Really wasnā€™t ever expecting such an extensive list of changes, but Iā€™m genuinely excited, will really breathe new life into my DT - biggest one for me is the FUNC+YES which will make the sample chopping I love to do so much more fun!

About this one:

:large_blue_diamond: Prevented MIDI feedback problems that could occur when pressing [STOP] twice

Does this mean MIDI loopback with a standard MIDI cable will be possible??

2 Likes

So this is now finally possible:

DT audio tracks > AUM > AUv3 FX > DT audio OP
&
Drambo midi > AUM > DT midi parameters
&
DT midi > AUM > AUv3 (miRack etc) > DT audio OP

via one USB cable and an iPad.

Absolute gamechangerā€¦

14 Likes

Trig Condition 100% got added to override the new chance probability per step (a step with /FILL may still not sound if chance rules the trig out).

Update: I missed that trig conditions override chance. Sorry.

1 Like

I see alot of ipads with DT, are there any good android music apps for pairing with DT?
Since a galaxy tablet is alot cheaper than an ipad

Prob ignores all TRCs so 100% TRC or not fill should be safe

2 Likes

Haha, we OT owners are a little jealousā€¦

4 Likes

amazing upgrade !!

2 Likes

The 10.5in iPad is like $400. Thatā€™s pretty baller. I have the 9.7in version and it works great.

1 Like

Since prob ignores all TRCs except 100% why should ā€œnot fillā€ be safe to force a trig to sound always?

If I remember correctly from the discussion on the BETA thread this was the very reason to introduce the 100% TRC in the first place ā€¦

1 Like

yes ā€¦ prob ignores fill ā€¦ they did it right :+1:

1 Like

Ignores in that it doesnā€™t touch a TRC, I donā€™t see what the question is. 1:2 is immune, 50% TRC is immune as is not fill which is the only 100% equivalent for non fill users. All TRCs are safe from prob so if you need a trig on always just TRC it to100%

3 Likes

The condition is not ignored, trig conditions have priority. If you have placed a conditional lock on a trig in the sequencer, the trig condition overrides the Trig Probability setting.

4 Likes

What is the meaning of the chance then. You could also set every trig to a chance tc and have the same result. It would make sense if the chance also plays on the tc condition set. Like every 1/2 a trig has 50% chance.

You can vary the value for the whole track. Chance or PROB is a track level dynamic value that cannot be locked, just used.

3 Likes

Itā€™s so much quicker and easier to apply it to all non-TRC trigs in one go with Prob and to tweak it on the fly, such as gradually reducing it to really create a moody breakdown etc etc

7 Likes

Sure but it is not something you could not achieve earlier. It would have been big in my opinion if the both work in conjunction with each other. Yes it is quicker, but the results are the same.