Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

So good!
Thank you Elektron.

you can randomize PARAMETERS of the page youā€™re on, but can you randomize the whole thing at once to get a totally new sound?

No but I kind of like that. sometimes I want a pluck but Iā€™m not sure what kind of pluck. having granular control over what I randomize isnā€™t a negative in my personal view. It certainly isnā€™t very hard to hit page + yes on a few pages and have a completely new sound in like 2-3 seconds :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I know right. OT is still my favorite but the DT just closed some serious distance.
God I wish we could see some of this on OT.

2 Likes

So many good additions in this OS update, thank you Elektron. Particularly stoked about the new Chance behavior added.

Now to get to work!

1 Like

I was already feeling lost without my sickly Digitakt, this has not made the wait any easier, something to look forward to when it comes home though.

1 Like

Amazing update! Trig probability and step record are really useful and fun :loopy:

:3lektron: :thup:

2 Likes

Digitone with new step sequencer!!!

11 Likes

Wowwwwwww. Thank you Elektron.

Thanks, nice new features, requests listening, and a lot of bug fixes! :thup:

Prevented MIDI feedback problems that could occur when pressing [STOP] twice.

Parameter locking LFO values for MIDI tracks had no effect.

Trig Condition 100% is always true, thatā€™s it?
It can be usefull, I was using /FILL instead.

4 Likes

as was I - but 100% is more useful to more folks who like their fill !

2 Likes

This is a good upgrade! Well done!Canā€™t wait to test them out on both devices.

I internally giggled :face_with_hand_over_mouth: for the fact that nobody mentioned that they still not implemented Song mode.

This update is awesome! Hopefully you can use the random in conjunction with the trig conditions.

3 Likes

So can we use CTR-AL for Chance Condition for breakdowns and fills. Like if the chance condition % decreases at the end of a pattern, more and more notes will be muted at that time? Am I understanding this correctly?

Chance is a track condition, not trig condition?

4 Likes

Yes - you can effectively remove all trigs if none have a TRC already in which case they are not affected by PROB

6 Likes

Great update!
Class compliant audio sounds like a step in the right direction. But I need the individual tracks as outputs :confused:
Overbridge is not an option for me on Linux. If resources are a problem: The single outputs from the DN/DT without the inputs from the host and maybe even without the master sum would be sufficient in most cases.

OB for Linux (sorta ;) for getting all the outputs, inputs and master sum on Linux (or older Mac OS X)

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This is a huge game changer in both machines, thanks for finally delivering so many requested functions in one update.

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m aware of this but itā€™s far away from being stable. (Iā€™m speaking of the kernel module here) I actually invested quite some time in the last two weeks to get started in Linux Kernel development and to reverse engineer the Overbridge USB traffic in order to help with the development. Now Iā€™m very uncertain whether my time is worth investing in this since it could become obsolete with further updates. And I suspect droelf could think alikeā€¦

1 Like

Sure, I definitely had the same thought :slight_smile: sorry for not seeing you in that thread before.
dtdump works very well for my current use-case, no need for the kmod right now.

This is definitely a very welcome update, some super cool features.

1 Like

Much :heart: to Elektron, the last two updates have realy taken the DT to the next level

1 Like