Digitakt 1.20 : Bug reports

You were right Hawk… I think working with Elektron boxes has the best stability but adding the Korg Radias R to the Digitone Keys was a good move. The Korg changes patches via Midi CC from Digitone Keys P-Locks instantly, Jomox is kind of dodgy midi lol…

Starting to use samples from Kick 2 and importing them to Digitakt, works perrrrrfect.

1 Like

Ah good to hear the setup is running smoothly now, instant patch change is crucial. You’re going to have so much fun! Your setup is looking real cool with the Boss units too.

looks like elektron has fixed some bugs in 1.20A.
thank you for the quick response!

https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Digitakt_OS1.20A_readme.html

3 Likes

Yeah! Mine was fixed as well, thanks!
The active pattern page was reset to 1:4 when changing tracks in GRID RECORDING mode.

However, everybody, is the following a bug?

Let’s say I have Digitakt and Strymon BigSky. [DT Midi Out -> BigSky Midi In]

1. I mapped my BigSky to Track 10 / MIDI Channel 10.

2. Then on a specific pattern on Digitakt I chose Bank = 1 and Program = 34 for BigSky. BigSky immediately selected the program according to my choice.

3. Now if I change the program on BigSky, Digitakt doesn’t know about it, and that’s ok, so on step 1 I put a single yellow trig where I specify Program Value = 34, which is equal to what was selected above for the whole pattern. I expect that since I specified it directly, no matter how then I change programs on BigSky, it will send “34” anyway.
    To summarize, at this point I have Program value for pattern = 34, the trig where I set Program value = 34, and BigSky with program value = 35.

4. And here it seems that Digitakt, when triggers the trig, sees that it’s “34” which equals to pattern’s “34” and says “oh, nevermind, they’re the same, not gonna send anything to BigSky”. Which is weird, isn’t it?

P.S. Omg, seems it relates to what @garf stated above, doesn’t it?

1 Like

1.20A has borked the left-turn % trig conditions - theres now a weird value acceleration resulting in increments of up to 9% around the 50% halfway point.

It was like this before apparently…or maybe I misunderstood…

3 Likes

The best way is to have the option to choose, a mode to trigger once or continuously .

1 Like

Yeah it’s by design it seems. I guess it doesn’t take in account the very fun workflow of tweaking the external gear and relaunching the saved sound when you want, a bit like the Func Yes/Func NO workflow with the Digitakt itself…

I hope this can be changed some day.

2 Likes

I see that the real time recording on midi tracks overwriting the track, rather than overdubbing it, hasn’t been fixed on 1.20A. Shame, as this allows no build up of chords on poly synths, like it used to.

1 Like

Good to know cheers

I’m still getting issues with connection dropping out between iPad and Digitakt. Works great then suddenly drops out.

Probably, but as a user, who sees how Digitakt is straightforward and intuitive in its other parts, I expect that it remains so, especially when I directly specify what I want by a specific lock (by putting effort into the action which means it was intended not erroneous)… other gear aside, when I put a trig, it should trigger…lol.

…I’m thinking out loud though, trying to understand whether this could be treated differently by developers and maybe I’m not seeing something.

Did the % on trig cond and prob get set to preset values again? Seems like the fine tune is gone. I like being able to set the value of choice. Not being given 90, 75, 68…etc not being able to get in between those.

no, you still have fine tuning. what’s changed is the stepping behaviour when you hold shift.

Hmmm. I’ll have to check again. I wasn’t holding anything and it was stepping.

Maybe I was smoking crack that day tho. :confused:

Apparently Prob have a different behavior from Trig Conditions. Prob have +/-1 increments, TRC preset values, as usual on all the Elektrons I used. Maybe DT has a different behavior for a certain period, I had it with 1.20 installed.

When you press the button you mean ?
Apparently no difference if you hold Function.

1 Like

More of a question but has the save process changed at all in recent updates?. I feel like saving an individual pattern to a project used to also save any new samples added but now it seems any new samples added to the list need to be separately project saved or they are gone when you reload.
It just seems like saving the entire project at once is a bit over the top and possibly destructive just for a few extra samples, especially if you have been fiddling around and you cant remember which patterns have been altered from their last save point.

I’m having an issue when using my Digitakt with my iPad.

Apparently the external ins are only being passed to my iPad when using USB midi. USB Audio/Midi only the internal sounds of the Digitakt are registered

That is functioning as intended.

1 Like

Aw rats! That ruins a utopian flow of choosing whether to sample mangle with Digitakt or classic sampling with Beatmaker 3(or theoretically both at the same time)

I’ll have to spent a couple more days rethinking my audio routing.

Thanks for informing me that I’m not stupid/insane :slightly_smiling_face: