Digitakt 1.08

I’m definitely going to run out of “likes” today.

Happy to be sharing in the splendor of this OS update!

6 Likes

I was building side chain hacks on my OT 10 years ago.

1 Like

It doesn’t affect the audio passed through the inputs? I actually would find that ideal for mixing in a Jomox Mbase that is unaffected by the sidechaining compressor without needing an additional mixer.

1 Like

wow, awesome and unexpected update !

Thanks - kind of made my day :wink:

Yeah it has it’s pluses, but as I’m using mine for basically all drums It would be nice to have the option

tack så mycket

1 Like

Thought so…cant think of use for a side chain but im sure someone will :wink:

Sounds great! Big thumbs up for Electron.

1 Like

as i experienced the audio in is latency shifted, despite the MONO fact it doesn‘t make sense to use the input for more than sampling …
interesting what will happen when OB enables the audio interface feature, i bet we will have the usual choice or restrictions.
if using interface mode, there will be no sampling and so on …

correct me if i‘m wrong!

thx for master compression, heading for some further effects and more filter types!

really?? No Volume P-Locking of pre-recorded Loops to achieve Sidechain anymore?? Nice! Have to check this out ! :slight_smile: Thank you guys!

2 Likes

I made a demo/tutorial of the new master compressor.

30 Likes

Sidechain: howd you make your post purple?

2 Likes

You’ll still have to find a workaround to incorporate the element used for sidechaining the master compressor back into the mix since it gets sidechained along with all the audio coming out the master.

A nice workaround I just thought of is using the sidechain feature, but muting the sound used for sidechaining. Then, just resample the sound of everything being sidechained as a new sample, and use the compressor as a master compressor again.

3 Likes

One quick question: Am I okay to update from 1.05? Or should I install 1.07 first?

1 Like

How long is the time till the screensaver kicks in ?

2 Likes

you could just go straight to 1.08

3 Likes

You’ve got night mode on, mines yellow. Mods highlighted it I think

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks guys and gals in Elektron :joy:

1 Like

Hoping that the OT gets sidechain compression too!

yeahhhhhh…