Digitakt 1.07 : Bug reports

I haven’t. I assume they know about it? Surely we aren’t the first to clock an LFO?

i’m guessing it’s not this bad for everyone – maybe it only acts up under certain circumstances…?
i’ll try it again with a fresh project…

…aaand i can’t reproduce the duff LFO timing with a new project.

Did you have it on bpm instead of the fixed 120 mult?

1 Like

Was using BPM values. Not seen the issue since. Cheers

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Ranting in Bugs thread

Allo again chaps

When I hit STOP the DELAY and REVERB plays out. COOL!

When I hit STOP x2 the DELAY and REVERB stoppps dead. COOL!

But when I press PLAY again, whatever was left in the DELAY and REVERB taps rings out…FUNKY!

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I created a blank project with no samples, no sounds, no patterns in it.

If I load another project containing samples then reload the blank project, the src menu for each trig shows the wave forms of the samples that were assigned to the sample slots of the previously loaded project.

But obviously there is no sound when pressing the trigs. Note that the samples slots using the quick assign method look empty (1:—, 2:— etc)

Also, if I try assigning one of the “ghost” samples to a trig using the quick assign method (Data Entry knob D + yes), I get taken to the sound manager.
The only way to fix this ghost samples thing is to go to the settings menu, samples sub menu, select all and unload.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this a normal behavior or should I report this?

Thanks!

Trig conditions have a bug where it plays only one trig out of 2-3-4-5 etc. no matter if you have set it to 2:2 - 2:3 etc.

Maybe you didn’t get what 2:2 means: on a loop of 2, the trig plays only the second time.

1 Like

Aaa… my mistake! I thought it was otherwise.

1 Like

After update to 1.07, on realtime recording mode no matter how I played everything seems to be quantized. All the notes are right on the grid… I don’t like this. So robotic sounding.
Anyone know is this a bug or any setting I should change?
It never happened on 1.04.
My quantize setting is 0 for both tracks and global.

You can toggle between quantized and unquantized live rec modes. Hold rec and press play twice to toggle.

4 Likes

awww thank you sir…
I learned that once and totally forgot about that setting, since I was away from Digitakt a bit.
You saved my life. Thank you!!!

3 Likes

So I finally got 1.07 installed and first thing I noticed is you now need to use func+ yes to preview sounds instead of using the trig key, is there a reason for this extra complication or is it a mistake that will be fixed?.

Ha WAS?

Still crashes when changing kits…!

funny thing is the reason i bought DT was because SparkLe was such a pain in the arse…too funny…!!!

I think I’d prefer it if the keys were flipped - yes to preview, func + yes to save - on the grounds that saving is something I’m going to do once, and previewing is something I’m likely to do many times. At any rate, a single-key preview would be a real improvement. I’m assuming the trigger buttons don’t do it because they’re still controlling the tracks, so you can keep a performance going while you sample.

1 Like

Thats how it was before though, left hand on the sound select encoder to scan through and right hand on the trig key to audition, now you have to move your left hand to the func button and your right hand to the yes button everytime you select a different sound to achieve the same thing. Seems like a pretty extreme workflow disrupter unless there is a more usefull feature that has taken its place?.
On the bugs front I appear to have discovered another one. I have a new pattern, made since the update and when I scan through the mute states all are on and present but when I press play and look again the 8 trig shows in different colours depending on how many times I scan through. Green starts off as white but sometimes goes purple or even red, the purple 8 does the same but with green instead of purple, the mutes still work but obviously you have to go by ear.

I think it got changed with the addition of soundlocks and project specific soundpool in one of the recent updates. If you use the arrow keys to scroll through the sounds after opening the sound browser, it feels similar to previewing samples off the +drive using func+yes. But if you are used to doing it the other I can totally see this messing up the flow.

2 Likes

I have an update on the weird mute behaviour, it seems if you have track with triggers on every step (playing over 100bpm) the light flashes faster than the led can register making it appear to be permanently lit. The problem is since the update instead of having an unlit trig to tell you the mute state you can now see muted tracks being lit everytime they trigger and they flash in the same colour as the mute state so appear as unmuted, very confusing.

3 Likes