Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

That’s an assumption…
Could just be that they have many products now and especially overbridge, with which they need more programmers to support it and build faster. That to me seems way more plausible…

3 Likes

lmao

1 Like

I am running a Tetra4… to my surprise the Digitakt deals with it better than the Octatrack… however if I try to make any changes to midi notes while it’s playing it will freeze and I have to turn it off sometimes it will reboot right away sometimes it will remain frozen after booting up

erm multiclock get one after you have it nothing will sound in sync without it… it’s runs all the boxes so tite it’s insane how I could hear it right away… I now know nothing was ever really 100% in sync the digi def gets stressed when I have a lot of samples on I have to keep it a quite a bit under the 1gb it tends to not lag as much when it’s less loaded … but if you have it on an erm you wont have to worry about the sync issue

2 Likes

you nailed it with the me and my Mb over use lol coming in hot from octatrack I have to be more reserved with little digi haha

2 Likes

Good that you found it. At least on the OT you have a view of how much free RAM is available when loading samples, or sampling ‘rec mem full’. Hopefully they improve this area on the DT

3 Likes

I agree… showing memory used in the display is important and necessary.

It would also be nice to have the project name shown along with the pattern name.

3 Likes

Yah I wish it had an SD card but my guess is the overbridge will provide saving organizing etc. will rely a lot more on software to shine is my guess

That’s disappointing to be honest. When I started reading up on the features of the Digitakt and studied the first manual that was available, this was still presented as a feature. So you just take it out and “prefer not to make any promises”? Having a background in programming myself, I can’t imagine that this quick pattern copy/paste/clear is such a hard thing to achieve. You did it on the Analog Four.

You say “it is difficult to paste to the new pattern seamlessly” now… I’d say it is impossible, because you always miss at least the first trig, no? When jumping to an empty pattern, this results in an audio blackout, save for some longer samples that might still be playing.

Sorry for letting off steam, but this is not some feature that would be nice to have, it’s a feature that was in the manual some people based their buying decision on and a feature that is in my opinion necessary for playing the Digitakt live in a creative and evolving way without losing the resulting stages in the process.

1 Like

quick question.

should a retrig stop when adding a triggless trig (or whatever theyre called) ?

add step
add retrig , e.g 1/16 for 16 steps
add a triggless thing during this period .
it’ll stop , even though nothing on that is changing a retrig value.

i’m trying to use the Filter Trig Option … in order to either avoid triggering the Filter Envelope or trigger it on a certain point with a trigless trig
but no matter what i do … the option is doing nothing
the Filter Envelope gets always triggered on a normal trigger, and never triggered on a trigless trig

1 Like

Sending midi to my monomachine the monomachine stopped recognizing knob turns. Turn a knob on the digitakt parameter on the monomachine doesn’t change. Everything is set up proper and it worked for about five minutes but just stopped.
Read through the thread quickly but didn’t see this problem. Is this a known issue?

It is. The issue occurs when you turn two knobs at the same time. The second knob stops sending CC until the machine is rebooted. Thankfully the bug was acknowledged higher up in the thread.

4 Likes

Os 1.4

• when copying tracks that have trigless trigs with tune info on them, you cannot hear them (on the track you paste) after reloading the pattern! they return to zero

When “saving project as” in a different location than the original project, I had an issue where all my patterns seem muted ( green light flashing exactly like I have them muted ) but they are not muted! And I don’t get any sound…

My friend had his at mine over weekend…fine all day friday.

Then on sat morning it wouldnt power up. Completely dead for several attempts of switching it on.

Unplugged psu for a few mins then tried again and it worked. It was then rock solid for rest of the day.

If a track has a length below 4/16 Live recording of parameter locks doesn’t work, also the Rec light does not blink like it does when Live Recording is triggerd.

Don’t know if this is as designed, couldn’t find anything about it in the manual.

That’s annoying.

Total guess, but the fact that they made a solo function via midi probably means it will be an internal function some day.

1 Like

I get this too. I sent a bug report about it.
it’ll play the sequence, but without actually playing the sounds. No mutes on. Sounds trigger when I hit a trig button.
weird and annoying.

When slaving the Digitakt to my A4 in order to make use of the song mode the Digitakt lags behind. Program change is working but seems to be too late.

Saw someone else posting this a while back. But I’d be really happy if this is fixed.

Probably has been noticed but I have this “load error” thing happening A LOT. I record something in the buffer, edit start and end, save it and then when I chose a track to load it into it says “loading error” and there is nothing there. And I still have sample slots available, that’s not the issue. I have to save the project, load another one, and then reload the project so it works, sometimes once, sometimes couple of times.
Always works in the end but kinda ruins the flow you want to when working on a track. Especially when you know it can work better.

1 Like