Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

My guess is too many samples on it. Clear some out and see if it works there is a limit with this. It functions extremely poor when it’s loaded.

The box gets stressed out really fast have not been able to run all 8 midi tracks without freezing etc.

same here

filled first day constantly removing thank goodness I have an Octatrack… maybe this was the plan all along get frustrated then upgrade lol

Great question I have no idea will check it out prob the issue thanks man

It’s likely that. I think one thing that’s missing from here is an indication of how much free RAM you have, so can’t really see at a glance…

1 Like

Still freezing when handling sample tracks and sending 4 midi channels… godamn… I am becoming seriously frustrated ;((((
What the heck elektron!

1 Like

Just had it freeze playing 1 midi track without anything else. Only sending out a program change per step to a synth.

yes, midi is still a source for crashing…
I just activated a midi channel on one track, bang, freeze…
I hope they fix this soon.

same

It’s because it registers as a normal knob move. Try pushing it faster and more secure without moving it. It helps a lot. They are aware of this and I think they’ll fix it in next update.

If you have a consistent way of having the unit freezing when using MIDI that is not feedback please contact support. We’re interested in more input.

1 Like

The coppy (when in play mode) doesn’t work.

From the manual:

The active pattern can be copied to either another location in the same bank or to a location in another
bank. To perform a pattern copy operation, GRID RECORDING mode must be deactivated. Copy the
pattern by pressing [FUNC] + [RECORD]. Select another pattern and paste the copied pattern to this location
by pressing [FUNC] + [STOP]. The operation can be undone by pressing [FUNC] + [STOP] again.
Clear a pattern by pressing [FUNC] + [PLAY]. Undo the operation by repeating the key presses.
After selecting a pattern, and before releasing any key, [RECORD], [PLAY] and [STOP] can be pressed
to copy, clear or paste patterns.

It’s impossible to copy a pattern from, lets say 1 to 2 if the sequencer is running.
I’m assuming this is a bug cause it’s a very basic feature among any drum machine or sequencer.

1 Like

You are using an older manual. They removed this from the new manual as it indeed doesn’t work (yet) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually I’m using the Digitakt-User-Manual_1.04.pdf, which should be the last one released, right?
Anyway, I might have I peculiar way of using theses machines, but copying a pattern It’s like essential for me in kind of live situation…
Thank you anyway!

1 Like

i usually copy the currently running pattern , select the one i want to copy to.
once it has swapped (probably an empty pattern) i use paste.
works everytime though its not exactly suitable for playing live, good for setting up the variant patterns though.

in this example the sequencer is running.

2 Likes

Ah that’s strange indeed. Thought they removed that. For now you can’t copy to a pattern that is not the one running.

What re5et said works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tell me about it. I expected to be gigging with this box by now. I’ve lost time, money, and potentially getting laid for the past several months because there’s so many essential features that are still broken.

5 Likes

The getting laid bit sounds kinda sad.

unsure if this is intentional but

if you are plocking the SRC (sample) and also press up/down the default sample for that pattern changes.

to do
select track
add note trig
hold trig and change scr > sample
while the sample list is on screen press up/down

result
the held trig will alter to the sound of the one selected in the list.
the other trigs that are playing default sample will change when pressing up/down.

could be handy , might be a bug , i’m not sure.