Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

not intended. I guess it happens by chance and depends upon what your synth is expecting.

I wish someone had an answer :frowning:

When receiving Program Change from Octatrack or Analog Keys the pattern doesnā€™t change until a full pattern or 2 after the Master changes. Slaving my AK to the OT works perfectly.

I hope this is a known DT bug soon to be fixed.

while chopping something recorded from the inputs, if the sample is not assigned to a pad when prompted, but still named and saved, the sample does not appear in the soundpool.

Sometimes I forget what I have assigned on the pads and I jus want to save to the soundpool so as to not interfere with what Iā€™ve done already. My chops keep disappearing if not assigned when asked by the DT

Bug or misuse?

Iā€™ll have a look tomorrow and see if thatā€™s correct. Thanks!

Same hereā€¦ I had to reboot the Digitakt like 5 times in 2 hours yesterday, because it was frozenā€¦ Mostly seems to happen when stopping the sequencer after some real time recordingā€¦ Not always, but eventually it will freeze.

I just have a simple midi keyboard to the midi in of the Digitakt just to make sure itā€™s not being flooded with midi data, but after recording some notes in it will eventually freeze. I do not get some kind of ā€˜exceptionā€™ or errorā€¦ just an unresponsive Digitakt.

I do have like 8 midi tracks running, but no cc locks or program changesā€¦ just note data onlyā€¦ Not sure if thatā€™s the cause and perhaps I should try running less midi tracks to avoid this behavior for a while?

Hope it will get fixed soonā€¦ for now back to Octatrack for midi sequencing :wink:

1 Like

This one is for the way down there on the low priority portion on the to-check-out list.
Delay settings section, canā€™t get a smooth response from the ā€œfeedbackā€ knob, often it likes to jump multiple numbers (2-3) when moving slow. No such issues on other sections with that knob that Iā€™ve noticed.

2 Likes

i think it moves by 2 at the moment,
its a little annoying until i realised the difference between 5 and 6 or 30/31 is so minimal that i shouldnt care.
the main values i care about are around 100 when iā€™m tweaking feedback for those nice delays.

iā€™m more cautious with sample start points , delay time where i do feel dialing in accurate numbers is useful

I also have this problem.

Absolutely. Hence why I placed it in the low-low priority list. It does move the value by 1, but at certain places in the range it moves by 2. Again though, like you said, itā€™s just the feedback so basically a non issue (but I know how much developers love bugs so might as well at least post it on the forum:-).

Iā€™d definitely like some of the dials tweaked , actually my encoder has become a little tighter which means I have to dial it a little slower

Iā€™ve used my DT a lot lately with no issues although not with any midi .

lfo doesnā€™t seem to work on destination sample, I set it on sample, random or other, expecting to hear it rapidly start different samples and it seems to only trigger one sample

This could be user error if anyone else has had success?

Also I canā€™t remember if I posted this or not so this might be a duplicate

Ok did a bit more poking around, and doesnā€™t seem to be a bug, itā€™s there by design. The lenght/LEN knob in the Trig section starts moving the values at decimals, the further itā€™s turned the larger the value jumps get, after 64 it jumps 4 nrs per registered input all the way to 128/INF. Itā€™s nothing Iā€™ve really noticed or been bothered by so far, so Iā€™m sure all is as it should. :slight_smile:

Hey Yā€™all!
Just got my Digitakt tonight - that being said, Iā€™m running into an issue where the 16th trig in the chromatic keyboard is keeping the note held. All the other keys will play the note, and stop when I do, except the 16th one. Anyone else running into this issue?

Hey just got my DT a few days ago. This could be user error but I have tried everything I can think of so I think this is a bug. I am on 1.04.

Midi track is sending out an LFO even when depth is set to 0. I have it plocked to higher depths in the sequence. But even after I stop the clock and mute the track it still keeps going. It only stops if I manually turn the depth to 0 (but its supposed to be resting at 0). Is this user error with how plocks work? Is there no way to stop an LFO that has been plocked on? That seems insane. Shouldnā€™t stopping the sequence reset everything to the default/saved pattern values? Am I crazy?

Is the amplitude set to infinite? Double tap the stop button kill the sound altogether? I have a loop that I set up that way so that the sound cuts itself once it reaches the trigger again. If itā€™s not set to infinite then it decays before reaching the next trigger. The downside is that once the pattern is over the loop just keeps on truckinā€™ until stop is pressed twice.

Itā€™s not a sound tho, itā€™s a midi track thatā€™s sending a CC automation. I just gave up and remade the patch using plock instead of the LFO. TBH I am still pretty confused about the way Elektron LFOs work. I was using the random, set to hold, and was having the issue I described above. Switched to conditional trigs plocking an exponential one shot and it worked fine.

I hope the Digitakt updates wonā€™t be neglected with all the mk2 releases, seems like there is a lot going on at elektron lately. I need to be able to back up projects and samples because Iā€™m filling up the +Drive pretty quick

4 Likes

The most I can get to load in a project is 60 samples it wont have any more after that it would be nice to see how much space is needed for it to run properly. I only have one shots loaded into it. There is a limit of samples it can hang onto and if you max that out itā€™s looking like it sets a limit on how many samples you can have in a project. Anyone else have this issue?

Whatā€™s the collective size in Mb for all of those 60 samples ? (64Mb is available per project)